WCM & The Marquee Group | Technical Skills Virtual Workshops | Building a Financial Model (of a Company)Tuesday, September 15th 2020
3:00 PM to September 16th 2020 7:00 PM
Building a Financial Model (of a Company)
This hands-on course focuses on the skills required to design and create an interactive financial model of a company that adheres to the highest industry standards. The course material includes model design, logic, construction, financial concepts and accounting treatment. During the seminar, participants will build a model that includes a forecast of a company’s income statement, cash flow statement and balance sheet.
Course Learning Topics:
Design and Structure a Financial Model
• Design a clear and logical financial model
• Discuss the need for a model to serve as a marketing tool
• Create clearly defined inputs and assumptions
• Connect strings of data to create assumptions and footnotes
Build Powerful Scenarios and Financial Statements
• Use switches to create effective scenarios and value drivers
• Forecast and build-up a company’s revenues and expenses
• Design and incorporate a company’s income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement
Incorporate all Relevant Schedules
• Construct all necessary schedules
• Use Lookup functions within the model to effectively extract information
• Properly incorporate Senior Term Debt with an amortizing repayment schedule
• Create a robust Bank Operating Line (or Revolving Credit Facility)
• Design and incorporate a cash sweep for a company’s Bank Operating Line
• Balance the company’s balance sheet
Participants should have a solid grasp of basic accounting fundamentals and proficiency with Excel prior to taking this course.
Two Part Sessions | This 8 hour course will be held in two parts:
Part 1 | Tuesday September 15, 2020 | 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM EST
Part 2 | Tuesday September 16, 2020 | 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM EST
*Building a Financial Model (of a Company) also serves as a preparatory course for the Advanced Financial Modeler (AFM) exam. See fminstitute.com for more information.
Cancellations must be received by WCM no less than 48 hours prior to the start of the course.
WCM Member Discount
For a limited time only, WCM members can register for a Marquee Group webinar below at a discounted rate. In order to access member pricing, you must login.
The webinar link will be sent closer to the event date.
About The Marquee Group
The Marquee Group is the leading Canadian provider of financial modeling training programs at financial institutions, corporations, universities and professional societies. Since 2002, The Marquee Group has provided financial professionals with the tools they need to understand and master critical areas of financial modeling, valuation and analysis.