This event is no longer available, but you can still see all the details.
External - Women and Investing: Cutting-Edge Research Insights
Monday, October 7th 2019
5:00 PM to 6:00 PM
Women and Investing: Cutting-Edge Research Insights From 3 Rotman Professors
This session will feature three presentations of about five minutes each followed by a moderated discussion of about thirty minutes. Q&A from the audience will follow.
- “How Products Offering Capital Protection Foster Stock Market Participation, Especially Among Risk Averse Investors” by Claire Célérier, Assistant Professor of Finance, Rotman School of Management
- “How the Gender of the Loan Officer Matters For How People Pay Back Loans” by Laura Doering, Assistant Professor Strategic Management, Rotman School of Management
- “How Different Nudges Motivate Women To Invest More or Less In Their Retirement Savings” by Avni Shah, Assistant Professor of Marketing, Rotman School of Management
- Moderator: Jacqueline Thorpe, Toronto Bureau Chief, Bloomberg News
- Opening Remarks: Sarah Kaplan, Distinguished Professor and Director – Institute for Gender and the Economy, Rotman School of Management