UniConnect Mentorship ProgramApplications open June 15th, 2018
Explore career options. Prepare for recruiting. Build your network. Kickstart a successful capital markets career!
The UniConnect Mentorship Program pairs female university students in business or STEM programs (undergraduate and graduate level) with a professional mentor currently working in capital markets for a six-month period.
The mentorship relationships begins on August 1st, 2018 and run until February 2019. Mentors and mentees will meet on a monthly basis, either in person or over the phone. Discussion topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Introduction to Capital Markets
- Day in the Life of an Analyst/Associate
- Skills for Success
- Networking - Building and Maintaining a Network and the Etiquette of Networking
- Managing the Recruiting Process
Why be a Mentee?
- Get insightful advice and guidance from someone who's been in your shoes
- Develop a close relationship with your mentor and network with other Capital Markets professionals
- Learn about Capital Markets from an insider
- Benefit from your mentor's experience and be inspired by her successes
- Become a WCM University Member
- Submit your resume and latest transcript to [email protected] with the subject line "UC Mentorship Application"
Application Deadline: July 3, 2018.
Applications will open on June 15, 2018 Successful candidates will be contacted via e-mail following the application close date.
To qualify as a Mentee, you must:
- Be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at a Canadian university
- Have a demonstrated interest in capital markets and finance
- Have an outstanding record in academics and extracurricular achievements
- Be available for monthly meetings in person or by phone with your assigned mentor
The program is open to students across Canada. Due to the geographically concentrated nature of the industry, geographic proximity between mentors and mentees may not always be feasible, but will be prioritized wherever possible. Accordingly, relationships can take place in person or by phone.
Get the Knowledge You Need to Succeed
Our monthly UniConnect newsletter includes important updates on capital markets, career tips for women, upcoming WCM student events and more.Subscribe Now