January 31st, 2018
Women in Capital Markets
February 1, 2018
Women in Capital Markets (WCM), a non-profit advocacy organization which
promotes the entry and advancement of women into leadership roles in the financial sector, announced the six recipients of the 2018 WCM Executive Coaching Award at a reception in Toronto last night. The annual Award, now in its 11th year, recognizes professional women in capital markets who emulate the vision and objectives of WCM, demonstrate commitment to career development, and have proven ability to take on leadership roles and overcome obstacles in business.
The 2018 award recipients are:
• Alicia Quinn – Director, Global Banking and Markets - Corporate Banking, Scotiabank
• Ekta Mendhi – Senior Director, Corporate Strategy, CIBC
• Jennifer Long – Director, Financial Institutions, Scotiabank
• Jiena Chen - Director, Global Equity Derivatives, Retail Structured Notes Sales, TD Securities
• Karin Bergeron – Managing Director & Head Trader, XVA, Scotiabank
• Roseanne Palumbo – Director, Global Equity Derivatives, TD Securities
Award recipients will each receive six months of individual career coaching valued at $15,000 thanks to the support of WCM's exclusive coaching partner Felix Global Corp.
"The WCM Executive Coaching Award is designed for ambitious senior leaders who are building out their skill level and preparing for ongoing advancement within their organizations. In turn we see this award as growing the pipeline of women moving into leadership positions and increasing diversity within capital markets," said Camilla Sutton, CEO of Women in Capital Markets. "I congratulate the 2018 winners, who are talented, engaged, and dynamic women, making tremendous contributions to our industry."
This unique program provides an opportunity for experienced female professionals with a minimum of 10 years' work experience in capital markets to develop executive skills and enhance their likelihood for promotion. Since its inception in 2008, the award has recognized 50 female leaders in capital markets.
To read the full press release click here.