We are a leading financial services provider committed to making decisions easier and lives better for our customers and colleagues around the world. From our environmental initiatives to our community investments, we lead with values throughout our business. To help us stand out, we help you step up, because when colleagues are healthy, respected and meaningfully challenged, we all thrive. Discover how you can grow your career, make impact and drive real change with our Winning Team today.
The Wealth Planning Consultant is a financial planning software subject matter expert who interfaces with advisors working with nationally supported financial planning software packages to deliver holistic financial plans to clients. This role reports to the Director, Wealth Planning Consulting.
The focus of Wealth Planning Services is to deliver holistic financial plans to clients by providing wealth planning support to Manulife Securities advisors and employee advisors in the PlanRight and Manulife Private Wealth businesses.
This job description does not represent a comprehensive listing of job duties that are required of the employee performing this role. As Wealth Planning Services is currently undergoing a material transformation this role may be required to take on additional duties and we expect the role to evolve over the 2023-2026 timeframe. We reserve the right to change duties or assign additional duties at any time with or without notice.
Be the primary contact for specified advisors:
- Proactive contact with advisors.
- Subject matter expert in wealth planning.
- Subject matter expert with financial planning software.
- Providing case consultation to assist in identifying appropriate financial planning strategies.
- Identify opportunities within plans.
Centralized Financial Planning:
- Work with financial advisors to develop financial plans for clients.
- Work directly with clients to develop financial plans.
- Identify opportunities within plans.
Work with the Director, Wealth Planning Consulting, and team lead to expand and champion financial planning.
What motivates you?
- You obsess about wealth planning.
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile approach and enable business outcomes.
- You thrive in teams and enjoy getting things done together.
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters.
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up.
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone.
How will you create an impact?
This role is a foundational piece in a new way of providing support to advisors across business lines. You will create impact by helping to shape the culture and establish the reputation of Practice Management & Wealth Planning Services in our journey to be recognized as the industry leader in advisor support. Your interactions with the field will play a key front-line role in garnering support for the expansion of the team and a material value add in attracting and retaining advisors to the Manulife platforms.
What can we offer you?
- A competitive salary and benefits packages.
- A growth trajectory that extends upward and outward, encouraging you to follow your passions and learn new skills.
- A focus on growing your career path with us.
- Flexible work policies and strong work-life balance.
- Professional development and leadership opportunities.
Our commitment to you
- Values-first culture
We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.
- Boundless opportunity
We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career.
- Continuous innovation
We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services.
- Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
- Championing Corporate Citizenship
We build a business that benefits all stakeholders and has a positive social and environmental impact.
Required Skill / Experience
What we are looking for
- Bilingual required (French/English)
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of financial planning experience
- Pl. Fin. or CFP® designation
- A passion for the technical aspects of financial planning
- Excellent telephone, written, and presentation skills possessing the ability to communicate complex financial planning topics in a simple manner
- Excellent organizational and collaboration skills allowing for clear record keeping and case transitions between team members
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical testing skills
- A true teammate with a keen attention to detail
- Strong ethical compass, adherence to the fiduciary standard and promoting standards set by the FP Canada Standards Council™
- Key contributor to the advisor experience, owning key action items and steps in the planning process
- Prioritization of resources and deliverables
- Maintain clear records of client inputs and planning
- Decisions beyond normal day to day may require escalation to management
- Decisions at this position are made using judgment based on skills and knowledge already developed
- Customer relationship experience an asset