Position Title: Ambassador, British Columbia (Vancouver) Steering Committee
Position Type: Volunteer
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Virtual, located in Vancouver
WCM is currently seeking volunteer Ambassadors for its BC (Vancouver) Steering Committee. The Ambassadors must have a strong commitment to the mission, strategies, and work of WCM. The Ambassador will report in to the Co-Chairs of the Steering Committee and appointed WCM Staff. Steering committee members will act as WCM ambassadors locally, by promoting and participating in WCM initiatives and cultivating a strong and diverse local network through social events.
- Attend Steering Committee Meetings every 6-8 weeks.
- Act as WCM BC Chapter ambassador by promoting and participating in WCM initiatives, programs and events, and leverage your network to raise the profile of WCM.
- Three-year term, renewable once for a second three-year term.
WCM is specifically seeking volunteers to lead the following initiatives:
Social & Member Events: Volunteers must be comfortable taking ownership of the event ideation, planning and execution of 2 events per year on teams of 4-5 people. These events should focus on building community in the Vancouver region and offer value to WCM members. All event concepts must align with WCM mission and strategy.
Required Skill / Experience
- 1+ years of professional experience within the financial services industry
- Experience dealing with multiple stakeholders and volunteer committees
- Strong organizational skills and deadline oriented
- Conceptual skills and intellectual insight as it relates to diversity and inclusion
- Previous experience as a WCM volunteer and attended past WCM events an asset