Who we are:
Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to build lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive wealth management solutions and investment banking services. We are a leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, bespoke solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior experiences for our clients. At CG, we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently seeking a Vice President to join our Mining Investment Banking group in Toronto.
- Perform detailed financial modeling and valuation analysis of private and public companies;
- Research and analyze company financial statements, industry, and market data;
- Prepare client presentations and documents;
- Support transaction teams in the execution of corporate finance and advisory transactions;
- Financing transactions (primarily equity as well as other financial instruments);
- Assist Investment Banking professional team with new business development, maintaining client coverage and executing corporate finance and advisory transactions;
- Advisory transactions (i.e. mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, valuation and other financial advisory assignments);
- Communicate and present clear and concise, analytically-driven insights / recommendations;
- Oversee the quantitative development of supporting analyses, quality of all investment banking project materials, and work with senior management to expand market reach, project direction and expertise in the field;
- Analyze market, financial situation and position of client companies and competitors.
- Keep the coverage team apprised of any material industry and market updates that concern our clients;
- Develop and maintain relationships and communicate with the appropriate contact at the client to identify their business needs;
- Liaise with external stakeholders such as legal and technical advisors and auditors; and
- Effectively manage Analysts and Associates, delegating and reviewing their work as well as creating a culture of collaboration in the team.
Required Skill / Experience
- 5+ years of experience in metals and mining investment banking; relevant experience in strategic advisory, including mergers and acquisitions is required;
- Completion of a university degree in a business-related discipline or an engineering/geology-related discipline;
- Mix of financial and technical background in engineering and geology will be viewed favorably;
- Relevant business-related university degree and/or CA or CFA;
- Strong data modelling and analysis skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with well-developed presentation skills;
- Knowledge of metals and mining information and data marketplace;
- Ability to synthesize company and market related information and understand key business drivers;
- Ability to translate statistical and analytical results into clear written and verbal communication;
- Strong business acumen with excellent interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication;
- Ability to be part of multiple projects/initiatives of varying size and complexity, while simultaneously meeting and exceeding deadlines;
- Highly organized, detail oriented and proactive. Energetic and decisive, with high level of integrity; and
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and financial software (i.e. Bloomberg or other).
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter. All applications will be held in strict confidence. In order to be considered for employment at Canaccord Genuity, candidates selected for interviews will be required to show proof of citizenship, permanent residence or eligibility to work in Canada with no restrictions.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest but only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.