Stifel Canada (https://www.stifel.com/institu...) is a leading provider of investment banking services, including advisory and underwriting, institutional sales and trading and research services. We offer a full suite of focused debt capital markets, equity capital markets, financial advisory, and investment services, delivering superior advice and execution to a broad range of corporate clients and institutional investors worldwide.
Stifel Canada is a subsidiary of Stifel Financial Corp., a public (NYSE – SF) full-service global investment bank with over 8,500 personnel operating in Canada, the United States and Europe. This includes over 400 investment banking professionals serving the needs of growth companies through specialized expertise and strong relationships within its core industries. As a growth company itself, Stifel’s passion is in bringing the right combination of people, products and services to the table to help our clients grow and excel for the long term.
At Stifel Canada we offer an entrepreneurial environment, competitive pay, comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, paramedical and vision care, HCSA, wellness initiatives, life insurance, and paid time off.
The Vice President, Investment Banking role at Stifel FirstEnergy is both challenging and stimulating. The Vice President will support a group of senior investment bankers and focus on client relationships, managing live transactions, pitchbooks for clients, financial analysis and mentoring Associates.
Stifel FirstEnergy has a strong position in the Canadian market, has an international reach through Stifel’s global platform and is continuing to grow by adding top talent. The role offers candidates an opportunity to gain valuable, hands-on work experience that is focused on the financial markets. In Canada, we are primarily organized into industry teams focused on specific sectors.
Technology, Consumer, Diversified Industries, Life Sciences, Financial Institutions, Metals & Mining, and Energy & Natural Resources.
Stifel FirstEnergy is offering a unique opportunity to work with a well-seasoned team with an exceptional track record and a large global network of relationships in the exciting Energy and Energy Transition space.
The Vice President, Investment Banking will be in charge of the following tasks:
- Manage deal execution, train and mentor associates, supervise financial modeling, comparable analyses and valuation analysis and support industry group for financings, and both buy-side and sell-side transactions within the energy and energy transition client base;
- Perform in-depth company, financial and industry analysis to evaluate and structure transactions;
- Support origination of deals by developing value added idea generations, preparing client presentations, conducting due diligence, drafting and preparing transaction documents and coordinating the work of team members and transaction working groups
- Maintain an active dialogue with clients;
- Continually keep abreast of market conditions, competitor deal flow and client activities;
- Assist in prospecting for new client relationships by generating marketing screens from various quantitative and qualitative sources; and Progress to greater responsibility in support of deal origination and execution and strengthening relationships with senior coverage bankers and clients.
Required Skill / Experience
A high regard for detail and accuracy are essential. The role of the Investment Banking Vice President is challenging, fun and fast-paced. It requires dedication, passion for the industry, and a solid work ethic.
Minimum educational credentials should consist of one of the following undergraduate degrees
1) in business, with a focus on finance or
2) in Engineering (focus in Energy) or Geology, with a demonstrated understanding of financial concepts.
Additional post-secondary education including MBA, or additional professional accreditations or designations such as CFA or CA/CPA are strongly desired.
- At a minimum six (6) years of full-time work experience in corporate finance, investment banking, accounting or private equity is required;
- Strong financial/analytical skills related to corporate finance and securities analysis
- Market-based and intrinsic valuation
- Creation of financial and operational models
- Mergers and acquisitions consequences analysis
- Capital and liquidity analysis
- Self-motivated/ingredients to become a good business generator
- High degree of work ethic and motivation, including a willingness to work long hours in peak periods
- Expertise with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Experience with financial markets software and applications including Bloomberg, FactSet and Capital IQ
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in an open office and team environment
- A track record of taking initiative
- A demonstrated proficiency in problem solving
- A strong interest in and understanding of financial markets.
Stifel Canada is committed to fostering an inclusive, fair, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.