At Fiera Capital
We invest in creating a culture of purpose that makes our people feel valued, cared for, seen, and heard.
Our approach to employee experience is tailored to your needs and ambitions:
- Your Inclusive Experience: We are committed to cultivating an inclusive, safe, and trusting work environment.
- Your Growth & Empowerment: We have ambitious growth goals for our firm, which makes us a great place to advance your career.
- Your Rewards & Recognition: We deeply value our people and their contributions and that’s reflected in our competitive compensation and benefits packages and our collaborative culture.
- Your Wellness Your Way: We strive to create a healthy work environment and we offer programs designed to support our employees’ wellbeing.
What we are looking for:
Reporting to the Executive Director, Global Chief Legal Officer and Corporate Secretary who also oversees Human Resources, Compliance and ESG, the Vice President, Corporate Communications will be responsible for setting the strategic direction for both external and internal communication activities across Fiera Capital (‘’Fiera’’) globally. S/He will develop productive and effective relationships with many key stakeholders, including global and regional leadership teams. While collaborating with other teams across the firm, the incumbent will build out and implement effective communication strategies that strengthens Fiera’s external brand while enhancing the employee experience. This leader will drive the implementation of a strategic communications vision in support of Fiera’s ambition to extend its reach globally and its determination to provide the best solutions to its clients. The Vice President will oversee the existing external & internal communications team, as well as the creative & digital services team.
- Lead the strategy, planning and execution of global communication activities.
- Build and lead an integrated governance model that combines external and internal communications in an effort to extend Fiera’s global reach and help drive the firm’s organic growth.
- Build strong relationships across all functions globally, engaging with the Executive Team and business leaders to ensure the level and quality of insights needed to translate into impactful and purposeful communication mandates.
- Develop and execute an external and internal communications strategy in view of Fiera’s strategic vision and regional footprint to enhance its market positioning and promote Fiera’s brand and presence globally.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with media and industry partners; engage with the media to help shape news coverage of Fiera Capital on both a proactive and reactive basis.
- In line with business priorities and strategic plan, collaborate with various internal stakeholders on alignment of key initiatives and committees, such as CSR, DE&I and Fiera’s employee life cycle.
- Play a critical role in the development of ESG reporting and external positioning.
- In partnership with Human Resources, translate the Employee Value Proposition strategy into external and internal communications campaigns aimed at boosting our attractiveness in targeted communities and engaging future and current employees towards the firm’s growth and success.
- In close collaboration with their team, be responsible for the copy writing of strategic external content (e.g. website content, media requests or speaking opportunities) and internal communications which can originate from Fiera’s Executive Committee or other key stakeholders. Coordinate with external suppliers and partners, as required.
- Oversee the updating of digital content on the various company platforms, including Fiera’s website and the internal news portal and develop content that informs, inspires, and activates our social media followers.
- Lead and coach a team of communications professionals and provide leadership and guidance to the creative and digital services team to align communication strategy with the design and execution of visually compelling creative materials (marketing collateral, corporate reports, video production, etc.).
- Responsible and accountable for the high-quality output of the team’s communications projects and deliverables.
- Fiera Capital adheres to a hybrid working environment with at least 3 days in-office per week
- If you are interested in a career at Fiera Capital and you meet 70% or more of the requirements, do not hesitate to submit your application!
For positions available in Quebec that require fluency in French and English, please note that bilingualism is required due to our global offices and clients.
Fiera Capital subscribes to the principle of employment equity. Our staff is our most valuable asset, and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability, genetic information, or any other federal, state, or local protected class. Fiera Capital will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
All staffing decisions, including hiring and promotion decisions, will be based on merit, skills, performance, and business needs. We are pleased to receive applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds. Job applicants who are individually selected for an interview will be notified that accommodations are available upon request. If a selected participant requests accommodation, Fiera Capital shall consult with the applicant and provide, or arrange for the provision of, a suitable accommodation in a manner that considers the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
Please stay vigilant and never share personal or confidential information during this hiring process unless it is through Mintz Global Screening, the secured platform we use to exchange such information. If in doubt, or if you think you have been a victim of fraudulent manoeuvres during your hiring process, please contact us.
Please note that job title indicated in job postings may differ from internal job titles. Accordingly, offers of employment may not reflect job titles indicated in job postings.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a career with Fiera Capital. We will only communicate with those selected for an interview.
Required Skill / Experience
Must have requirements to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or a related field
- At least 10 to 15 years of experience in communications, including a proven track record in external communications as well as a minimum of five years of experience in internal communications
- Proven experience in managing a team of professionals
- Strong experience in managing external reputation and brand image
- Work experience in the Investment or Finance industry is considered a strong asset
- Demonstrated ability to succeed as a senior communications leader in a growth-oriented and multi-regional public company and managing multiple moving parts
- Experience with implementing innovative external and internal communication strategies and tools aligned with employee value proposition and culture (e.g. content, digital, search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM))
- Proven track record in navigating a fast changing, results-driven and entrepreneurial environment
- An exceptional cross-channel storyteller and writer, planning/researching/writing speeches, presentations, memos, social media content and more, for both external and internal audiences
- Keen eye for aesthetic solutions for the firm’s presentation material and creative solutions
- Organized, strategic and able to lead multiple high-priority projects simultaneously
- Influential, with exceptional collaboration and consultative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and French; a good listener with the ability to build relationships at all levels in the organization