At Franklin Templeton, everything we do is focused on one thing – delivering better client outcomes. We do that by partnering closely with our clients, assessing their strategic needs, and identifying the solution or solutions that can meet the challenge. Over 9,500 employees working in 30 countries around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 155 countries. For more than 75 years our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team
We are looking for a Trader to join the Franklin Bissett Fixed Income team in Calgary, Alberta. The position of Trader is a dynamic and exciting opportunity to be an integral part of the Franklin Bissett Fixed Income team, executing trades and providing market insight to assist with portfolio management decision making, as well as liaising with departments such as marketing, compliance and back-office settlements.
What are the primary responsibilities?
- Execute trades for Franklin Bissett Fixed Income retail mutual funds, institutional accounts, and high-net-worth private client accounts. Securities traded include bonds, derivatives, and foreign currencies.
- Generate trades for institutional and private client accounts that follow a model.
- Develop, maintain, and share market knowledge obtained from dealer interactions.
- Communicate with the compliance and settlements teams to resolve issues that may arise and ensure accounts/funds are in good standing.
- Coordinate the production of accurate and timely quarter-end reporting and respond to ad-hoc requests for information on our fixed income strategies.
What makes Franklin Templeton unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Flexible medical, dental and vision insurance
- Corporate Pension Plan
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Purchase company funds with no sales charge
- Competitive vacation package that includes three annual personal days
- Company paid short-term and long-term Disability Insurance
- Education assistance
Franklin Templeton Investments Corp. is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals.
Franklin Templeton is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment. If you believe that you need an accommodation to search for, or apply for, one of our positions please send an email to [email protected] . In your email, please include the accommodation you are requesting and the job title and job number you are applying for. It may take up to three business days to receive a response to your request. Please note that only requests for accommodations will receive a response.
Required Skill / Experience
- Knowledge of financial markets, economics, and portfolio theory.
- 2+ years of trading experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and other office products.
- Completion or working towards completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC).
- CFA (or working towards completion).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong relationship building and teamwork skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- This position is located in Calgary, Alberta. The trader is expected to work on-site.