OUR BOTTOM LINE IS DIFFERENT.
There’s something special about working at ATB, and it’s been recognized on every top employer list that matters. Maybe it’s our exceptional culture where your total wellness is supported through market-leading benefits and you’re free to bring your whole self to work. Maybe it’s our commitment to a growth mindset and our unrelenting thirst for making it possible for fellow Albertans—even the ones who aren’t our clients.
Whatever it is, you won’t find a more genuine, driven and knowledgeable group of humans anywhere. We foster a culture of purpose, performance and possibilities. We engage with intense curiosity, and bring our whole selves to work, every day. We know it starts with people like you, so take a chance and start with us.
Department: ATB Capital Markets
Job Number: REQ5918
Location: Calgary, Alberta or Toronto, Ontario
Apply by: April 2, 2023
System Title: Institutional Researcher 9
# Positions available: 1
Leader: Waqar Syed, Managing Director, Head of Research
ATB Capital Markets (ATBCM), a division of ATB Financial, is a fully integrated broker dealer providing a full suite of financial service solutions for the treasury, finance, capital markets and advisory needs of its corporate clients including:
- Corporate banking, loan syndications and project finance
- Debt capital, equity capital and financial markets
- Institutional sales and trading
- Expert advice on mergers and acquisitions, divestiture and private equity
- Institutional research to leverage industry and sector insight
To support the growth of the research team, ATBCM is seeking a qualified and experienced Supervisory Analyst (SA)
who can review and edit equity research reports to ensure it meets high standards of quality, consistency, accuracy, and compliance in accordance with regulatory and firm guidelines. The SA should have the appropriate IIROC and FINRA qualifications, and experience to assist research analysts and associates to publish research reports and other material in a timely manner. This position reports to the Director of Research, working with the entire research team and liaising with several groups across the firm including research, sales, trading, operations, and compliance.
- Edit research reports accurately and promptly, ensuring full compliance with the firm’s guidelines, brand standards and regulatory requirements of IIROC and FINRA.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and effective manner.
- Ability to work independently, meet tight deadlines and respond quickly as materials are submitted for review.
- Provide support to the research and ATBCM group as required for events, special projects, etc.
Required Skill / Experience
- Capable of meeting regulatory requirements for registration as a Supervisory Analyst under IIROC (CFA or equivalent, and two years of relevant experience) and FINRA (completion of relevant exams).
- Past experience as a Supervisory Analyst or a Senior Publishing Analyst in the Research Department of a Capital Markets firm is a must.
- CFA or equivalent designation preferred as is a requirement for a relevant undergraduate degree.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including detailed knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as a familiarity with Google G-Suite.
- Knowledge of research publishing, document management, CRM and database systems and processes. Knowledge of BlueMatrix is a definite plus and Salesforce would be an asset.
- Familiarity with financial data service providers and aggregators including Bloomberg, FactSet, Refinitiv, Capital IQ and CPMS/Morningstar.