Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to build lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive wealth management solutions and investment banking services. We are a leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, bespoke solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Come be a part of our Canadian success story and help deliver superior experiences for our clients. At CG, we recognize that diversity across our business strengthens our client relationships and enables more innovative solutions. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. CG provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Our Canadian operations are currently looking for an experienced Supervisory Analyst who holds both IIROC and FINRA registrations. Hours are 2:00pm to 10:00pm EST Sunday to Thursday with flexibility to cover vacations/busy periods. The role can be in person, remote, or hybrid.
- Edit, review, approve and publish Canadian equity research:
- Clear research against global grey and restricted lists, and verify that research meets regulatory requirements;
- Ensure that recommendations/valuations comply with firm policies;
- Work with analysts and associates to ensure that clarity, accuracy, and readability are achieved;
- Ensure correct grammar and adherence to house style;
- Publish and distribute research to institutional clients;
- Liaise with, and back up, global SA team as required;
- Work with compliance department to ensure observance of regulations and firm policies.
Required Skill / Experience
- Current registration as a Supervisory Analyst with FINRA and current status as a Supervisor with IIROC are required;
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Journalism or English;
- At least two years of related experience;
- Excellent editing and communication skills;
- Sound knowledge of applicable regulations and the principles behind them;
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to produce under tight deadlines;
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office);
- Previous experience using Blue Matrix and/or other research publishing platforms.