We are a leading financial services provider committed to making decisions easier and lives better for our customers and colleagues around the world. From our environmental initiatives to our community investments, we lead with values throughout our business. To help us stand out, we help you step up, because when colleagues are healthy, respected and meaningfully challenged, we all thrive. Discover how you can grow your career, make impact and drive real change with our Winning Team today.
Lead Supervising Portfolio Manager for the firm’s discretionary Advisor Managed Program for our advisors managing client assets in Canada and the United States for Manulife Wealth. A key member of the advisor-facing support team for the Advisor Managed Program, the incumbent will supervise Associate Portfolio Managers and Portfolio Managers and have overall responsibility for ensuring accounts are managed according to the established program framework. The incumbent will also act as a Portfolio Manager for our Unified Managed Account program. The role is part of a broader investment product and managed program team and will also contribute to strategic projects to help enhance our product shelf and program offerings.
- Ensure Portfolio Managers’ trading activities are prudent and fall within established program framework
- Review and approve model portfolios submitted by Associate PMs, suggesting changes or improvements where vital
- Review and approve Investment Policy Statements submitted by Associate PMs, suggesting changes or improvements where necessary
- Monitor the activity of all PMs in the program using the designated portfolio management system
- Ensuring trading activity aligns, at all times, with customer-signed Investment Policy Statements
Supervise Associate Portfolio Managers and Portfolio Managers is accordance with Manulife standards and regulatory standards prescribed by IIROC
- Articulate and promote standard methodologies with respect to discretionary portfolio management
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert of the use of the designated portfolio management system
- Conduct and document formal annual performance reviews of the PMs
- Participate in quarterly Managed Accounts Committee meetings to report on advisor conduct
- Assess client KYC parameters against investments in the account
Contribute to the firm’s Investment Committee and other relevant working groups
- Contribute to the review of asset allocation mixes and asset class assumptions in our model portfolios and our financial planning software
- Actively provide feedback on advisor’s usage of various vehicle types and investments with the goal of helping provide an appropriate investment offering
- Share knowledge and experience in trading/compliance platforms to help aid in project to enhance our technology tools
Key Shared Accountabilities:
- Work with Compliance and Legal to ensure programs and products are in good standing with regulators
- Work with Operations and Trading to ensure the smooth delivery of products/platform resulting in a positive advisor and client experience
What can we offer you?
- A competitive salary and benefits packages.
- A growth trajectory that extends upward and outward, encouraging you to follow your passions and learn new skills.
- A focus on growing your career path with us.
- Flexible work policies and strong work-life balance.
- Professional development and leadership opportunities.
Our commitment to you
- Values-first culture
- We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.
- Boundless opportunity!
- We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career.
- Continuous innovation
- We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services.
- Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
- Championing Corporate Citizenship
- We build a business that benefits all collaborators and has a positive social and environmental impact!
Required Skill / Experience
- Minimum 15 years experience in financial services industry
- Supervising Portfolio Manager Designation required
- CFA/CAIA/CIMA or MBA preferred
- Dealer and Asset Management experience preferred
- Experience working with independent and employee advisors servicing clients across North America
- Ability to set goals, work independently and drive results
- Experience with presentation development and delivery