Graduating Students (24 months) *Remote/Hybrid*
Start Date: June 2024
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Application Deadline: 03/15/2024
Who Are We? SOAR is Scotiabank’s brand new 24-month development program designed exclusively for Indigenous Peoples completing post-secondary education. Our new graduate rotational programs provide coach-supported opportunities to learn, practice, and apply the skills required to succeed at Scotiabank. We recognize the important contributions and perspectives that Indigenous Peoples provide our society and are committed to removing systematic barriers that have, in the past made it difficult for Indigenous Peoples to obtain meaningful careers in banking.
This program was designed to incorporate the teachings of many nations across Turtle Island to provide a culturally welcoming and supportive environment. When you begin your journey at Scotiabank, we will work with you to understand your interests and will find the best career journey to align with your skill set. Whether it be public speaking, community involvement, or those Excel spreadsheet formulas, this program will create a pathway to a long-term career with Scotiabank. Depending on which program is best suited for you, you will be placed within full-time employment and complete various rotations within one line of business (Technology, Global Banking & Markets, Canadian Banking, etc.).
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll be part of a diverse, collaborative, innovative, and inclusive team.
- You’ll join your own program cohort as well as the greater community, bank-wide, across all new grad programs in TILT.
- A dedicated Program Manager to support with your learning, goals, and development.
- Customized workshops, executive masterclasses, leadership courses, learning curriculum and capstone projects.
- Individualized development plans, mentorship, and exclusive access to leaders.
- TILT Orientation Week, socials, wellness sessions, community outreach events, TILT Learning & Development Week, graduation ceremony.
- Opportunities to participate in cultural programming and Indigenous professional development series.
- Networking opportunities with Scotiabank’s Indigenous Associates.
- Health and wellbeing workshops focusing on Indigenous knowing and being
Required Skill / Experience
Does this sound like you? – We’d love to work with you if:
- You identify as Indigenous (First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples of Canada)
- You have or will complete an apprenticeship, certificate, diploma, undergraduate or graduate degree between April 2022 – June 2024
- You’re interested in a career within the financial industry
- You want to learn about various areas within the bank
- You’re interested in having an impact with your peers and community
- You want a culturally safe and supportive environment that helps you thrive to achieve your goals
- You love to learn and envision yourself working for an international organization that heavily invests in your future.
- You enjoy being involved in extracurricular activities such as conferences, clubs, competitions, and/or hackathons.