We are a leading financial services provider committed to making decisions easier and lives better for our customers and colleagues around the world. From our environmental initiatives to our community investments, we lead with values throughout our business. To help us stand out, we help you step up, because when colleagues are healthy, respected and meaningfully challenged, we all thrive. Discover how you can grow your career, make impact and drive real change with our Winning Team today.
The Senior Analyst in the Operations, Controls and Governance team is responsible to provide risk and control guidance and support to the Operational teams within Manulife Retail Investments Canada. The Senior Analyst participates to the review and documentation of the key risks and controls in the Risk and Control Inventory. As part of its responsibilities, the Senior Analyst identifies control gaps and propose corrective action plans to solve for the issues. He / She ensures that appropriate control monitoring and testing is performed. The Senior Analyst will work with the Global Wealth Asset Management (GWAM) Operations Risk Management team to ensure all issues are reviewed and remediated accordingly.
The successful candidate will have an in-depth background and expertise in the asset management industry, in addition to significant experience with internal controls and /or the management of operational risks. A keen ability to build relationships with the impacted stakeholders. Strong analytical skills and the ability to think creatively offering multiple options for solutions.
Your Contribution & Functions:
- Assist with the establishment and completion of risk control assessments (Risk and Control Self-Assessments) of operational business lines
- Evaluate and recommend new controls where gaps have been identified
- Perform periodical test of controls in accordance with the defined testing plan, report findings to management, propose remediation plans and support the implementation with the Operational Team
- Work with Operational Teams to implement new controls and perform regular testing
- Research and investigate independently new issues and innovations to maintain currency of technical expertise
- Collect, review and manage internal risk incidents/ loss events, ensure they are logged in timely and that corrective actions plans (CAPs) are developed and implemented within the given deadlines
- Work with the Operational Leaders to review and respond to audit findings and recommendations, and ensure audit points are closed within the expected timeframe
- Oversee the implementation of internal control process improvements based on audit points
- Improve current processes making valuable contributions and efficiencies
- Identify problems and propose solutions
- Collaborate with key partners such as Operational Leaders, GWAM Risk Management team and Internal/External auditors
- Assist with metrics creation and reporting
Required Skill / Experience
- 3+ years of internal/external audit or equivalent business experience
- CPA candidate or in progress an asset
- Knowledge of audit methodologies, control frameworks and risk management practices
- Knowledge of the Asset Management industry (mutual funds, segregated funds, etc.)
- Knowledge in Data Analytics considered as an asset
- Experience working in a client-facing, matrix, project-based organization is preferred; typically gained through prior audit, advisory, consulting, or public accounting experience in a “Big Four” or other professional services firm, or other large organizations.
- Ability to quickly understand business processes and their risk implications, analyze complex situations, reach appropriate conclusions, and make valuable and practical recommendations
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to effectively deliver key messages verbally and in writing, and to listen and consider various perspectives
- Results oriented with a focus on quality, delivering value, and strong attention to detail
- Ability to balance priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good organizational and planning skills
- The successful candidate will be required to communicate in English and French in order to support clients from various jurisdictions outside of Quebec.
What motivates you?
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit.
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile approach and enable business outcomes.
- You thrive in teams and enjoy getting things done together.
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters.
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up.
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone.
What can we offer you?
- A competitive salary and benefits packages.
- A growth trajectory that extends upward and outward, encouraging you to follow your passions and learn new skills.
- A focus on growing your career path with us.
- Flexible work policies and strong work-life balance.
- Professional development and leadership opportunities.
Our commitment to you
- Values-first culture
We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.
- Boundless opportunity
We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career.
- Continuous innovation
We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services.
- Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
- Championing Corporate Citizenship
We build a business that benefits all stakeholders and has a positive social and environmental impact.