At Fiera Capital
We invest in creating a culture of purpose that makes our people feel valued, cared for, seen, and heard. Our approach to employee experience is tailored to your needs and ambitions:
- Your Inclusive Experience: We are committed to cultivating an inclusive, safe, and trusting work environment.
- Your Growth & Empowerment: We have ambitious growth goals for our firm, which makes us a great place to advance your career.
- Your Rewards & Recognition: We deeply value our people and their contributions and that’s reflected in our competitive compensation and benefits packages and our collaborative culture.
- Your Wellness Your Way: We strive to create a healthy work environment and we offer programs designed to support our employees’ wellbeing.
What we are looking for:
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Global Head of Total Portfolio Solutions (TPS), you will contribute to further grow and strengthen our leadership as an efficient capital allocator through our client focus, thought leadership and innovation in financial science.
You will partner closely with team members within the Multi-Asset Class Solutions (MACS) Team and overall Total Portfolio Solutions team as well as Public & Private Markets Portfolio Management teams and CIO Offices to proactively contribute to strategic asset allocation to support our clients’ objectives.
- Contribute to the construction, implementation and monitoring of client goal-oriented portfolios as a Senior Analyst in the MACS team, in collaboration with other Solutions and Strategy PMs, using our proprietary risk factor-based ALM optimization tool for:
- Total portfolio solutions in liability/legislation-aware framework for pension plans or insurers;
- Tailored overlay programs;
- Balanced mandates;
- Model portfolios for private wealth investors;
- Addition of specific asset classes, spanning public and privates’ markets;
- Resolving pinpointed issues such as income generation in a high inflation environment;
- Contribute to presentation materials and eventually participate to meetings with clients across Canada and the US for finalist presentations and ongoing portfolio monitoring;
- Provide programming and quantitative expertise in an asset-only and asset/liability management context;
- Contribute to research and tool development goals including new modelling functionalities, investment analytics, portfolio rebalancing, and evaluation of future investment strategies;
- Act as a proactive resource for portfolio construction challenges for all parts of the organization in a fast-growing team.
Required Skill / Experience
Must have requirements to be successful in this role:
- Strong educational credentials with a quantitative background (financial engineering, actuarial, mathematics);
- Advanced degree and/or mix of financial and actuarial credentials (CFA, FSA, CAIA, or equivalent);
- Actively maintains engagement with new research and development in asset allocation, finance, economy through formal or informal training activities.
- Enrollment in or completion of FSA program, or CFA program, or CAIA program, an asset.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of experience in the investment management, actuarial or insurance industries;
- Previous experience and strong interest in quantitative methods and research in order to design, develop and use quantitative tools to model asset classes and specific investments for asset-liability management;
- Previous experience in financial engineering and structuring of investment management solutions for institutional investors;
- Previous experience contributing to strategic asset allocation through analytics as well as experience building client-facing material supporting asset allocation decisions;
- Previous experience of Microsoft Excel, Python, VBA, MATLAB, C++ or other programming languages;
- Acute interest for financial risk management and financial markets within an institutional context;
- Strong presentation and communication skills both in French & English (verbal and written);
- Exemplary service orientation and attention to details;
- Effective time management and organizational skills;
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a team.
- Fiera Capital adheres to a hybrid working environment with 3 days in-office per week
- If you are interested in a career at Fiera Capital and you meet 70% or more of the requirements, do not hesitate to submit your application!
For positions available in Quebec that require fluency in French and English, please note that bilingualism is required due to our global offices and clients.
Fiera Capital subscribes to the principle of employment equity. Our staff is our most valuable asset, and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability, genetic information, or any other federal, state, or local protected class. Fiera Capital will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
All staffing decisions, including hiring and promotion decisions, will be based on merit, skills, performance, and business needs. We are pleased to receive applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds. Job applicants who are individually selected for an interview will be notified that accommodations are available upon request. If a selected participant requests accommodation, Fiera Capital shall consult with the applicant and provide, or arrange for the provision of, a suitable accommodation in a manner that considers the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
Please stay vigilant and never share personal or confidential information during this hiring process unless it is through Mintz Global Screening, the secured platform we use to exchange such information. If in doubt, or if you think you have been a victim of fraudulent manoeuvres during your hiring process, please contact us.
Please note that job title indicated in job postings may differ from internal job titles. Accordingly, offers of employment may not reflect job titles indicated in job postings.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a career with Fiera Capital. We will only communicate with those selected for an interview.