We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, your goals are a priority. We start with your strengths and ambitions as an employee and strive to create opportunities to tap into your potential. We aspire to give you a career, rather than just a paycheck.
- We work to recognize you in meaningful, personalized ways including a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, a health benefits program, defined benefit pension plan, an employee share purchase plan and MomentMakers, our social, points-based recognition program.
- Our spaces and technological toolkit will make it simple to bring together great minds to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our clients.
- We cultivate a culture where you can express your ambition through initiatives like Purpose Day; a paid day off dedicated for you to use to invest in your growth and development.
What you need to know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact [email protected]
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit.
What You’ll Be Doing
As a member of the Performance team in the Investment Management Research group, you’ll be accountable for a wide range of reporting solutions across CIBC Asset Management (CAM). Your responsibilities include providing accurate and meaningful performance measurement and analysis to various internal stakeholders within Investment Management Research (IMR) and Portfolio Management and Research (PM&R) groups. These various reports are also used in client presentations, RFPs and marketing materials. Additionally, you’ll be accountable for all business workflows related to the calculation of performance and attribution.
At CIBC we enable the work environment most optimal for you to thrive in your role. You’ll have the flexibility to manage your work activities within a hybrid work arrangement where you’ll spend 1-3 days per week on-site, while other days will be remote.
How You’ll Succeed
- Portfolio Analysis. Explain the differences in performance calculations (versus a benchmark and/or returns within the same asset class) for different portfolios within the firm. Produce various performance tracking reports and generate attribution analysis. Validate of performance returns to ensure data integrity and accuracy in reports.
- Leveraging Technology. Learn and understand the details related to our Performance systems. Propose solutions to improve efficiency of existing processes and the quality of service offered to clients. Meet with different clients to create and develop solutions aimed at meeting their performance needs.
- Governance Support. Contribute to the operational process of performance calculation of the firm’s portfolios by understanding the methodology, identifying and analyzing discrepancies in performances.
Required Skill / Experience
- You’re a certified professional. CIPM designation completed or in progress is an asset; CFA designation or enrolment is an asset.
- You can demonstrate experience in building advanced macro-based spreadsheets and handling large data sets.
- You give meaning to data. You demonstrated passion for investments and knowledge about global market trends. You enjoy investigating complex problems and making sense of information. You're confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.