WHO WE ARE
QV Investors is an employee owned, discretionary investment management firm managing portfolios on behalf of institutional and private clients. QV is committed to investing, supporting, and empowering our people. Founded in 1996, QV stands for “Quality” and “Value”, characteristics that resonate through the firm’s culture and investment principles.
VISON, ,MISSION AND VALUES
Our mission is to provide exceptional investment management by constructing portfolios that grow income and capital while minimizing the risk of loss. To achieve this, we continuously invest in our people and offer regular communication to all our stakeholders. Providing excellence in investment management and client service along with the best security selection, portfolio management, and communications for our clients is our key vision. We achieve both our vision and mission through the values that make up the core of our firm.
These values include:
- Clients First: Our clients’ success defines our success.
- Integrity: We operate with candor, respect, and professionalism.
- Excellence: Through continuous improvement, we strive for excellence in everything we do.
- Teamwork: Working towards shared goals gives us strength to achieve more.
- Accountability: As owners, we hold ourselves to a higher standard.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- A hybrid work environment.A competitive salary that reflects industry levels.
- A comprehensive health benefits program and access to confidential family assistance services.
- Five personal “Quality” (Q) days, with pay, per annum to provide flexibility and support to the personal well-being of our team members.
- A central office location with secure bike storage and on-site gym access with complimentary fitness classes offered.
- QV’s Short-Term Bonus Plan.
- The opportunity to participate in equity ownership of the firm.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
QV actively fosters an inclusive culture that values individuals from all walks of life. Fostering an inclusive culture begins with the hiring process and continues through the employment experience. We strive to break down barriers – and to have a workplace where diversity in experiences, backgrounds, cultures, ideas, and opinions are not just welcomed but celebrated. We want every team member to feel at home at QV. The diversity they each bring contributes to a great workplace, excellent service for our clients, rewarding and fulfilling careers... and a successful business!
To that end, we are committed to recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and providing accessible employment practices. We welcome and encourage applicants who identify as part of underrepresented groups to apply.
A Research Associate supports QV’s investment team, aiding in the analysis of equities. Preference will be given to individuals with a keen interest in investing. The successful candidate will be expected to embrace QV’s team-based culture, which supports an environment of mutual respect and shared rewards.
Supporting the Investment Committee
- Risk management, performance attribution, research, and analysis of current and prospective investments
- Constructing and maintaining financial models
- Conducting calls and meetings with analysts and industry experts
- Supporting client service and other administrative duties as needed
Required Skill / Experience
What we’re looking for:
- A minimum of 1-5 years of relevant experience in investment research, accounting, investment banking or related financial services
- Bachelor’s degree with excellent academic credentials
- Completion or partial completion of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Program
Who you are:
An individual with…
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including intermediate to above-average knowledge of Excel, accounting, and finance
- Team-player mentality with exceptional communication and collaborative skills
- Solid work ethic and self-motivation
- Desire to pursue excellence through continuous improvement and self-leadership