IGM Financial Inc. is one of Canada's leading diversified wealth and asset management companies with approximately $271 billion in total assets under managements. The company provides a broad range of financial planning and investment management services to help more than two million Canadians meet their financial goals. Its activities are carried out principally through IG Wealth Management, Mackenzie Investments and Investment Planning Counsel.
Under IGM Financial’s unique business model based on leading brands and multi-channel distribution strategy, we’re IG Wealth Management. For over 90 years of business we have grown to become one of the largest most respected companies in Canada. We are a leader in providing the best advice, experience and outcomes for our clients, personalized throughout their lifetime. We are proud to be recognized among Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2022) by Mediacorp Canada Inc. in the national ranking for our focus on supporting employees with a number of initiatives that promote personal wellness with a focus on four key pillars including physical, mental, social and financial health. This is your opportunity to build a career with a leading organization where you can learn, grow and thrive both professionally and personally.
At IG Wealth Management, our vision is to inspire financial confidence.
You will join a team that that believes our success starts with the success of our clients, while working together as a team to realize our greatest potential. You will join a team that strives towards excellence while developing and sharing skills and knowledge. You can make a difference for our clients, the world around us and be part of a team that cares. We are dedicated to offering a hybrid work environment when applicable.
IG Wealth Management is a diverse workplace committed to doing business inclusively - this starts with having a representative workforce! We encourage applications from all qualified candidates that represent the diversity present across Canada – including racialized persons, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ community, gender diverse and neurodiverse individuals, as well as all who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
The Regional Vice-President role is focused on supporting Advisors in growing their practices, leading an expansive culture within their regions, attracting new talent, and representing IG Wealth Management within their communities. The Regional Vice-President is responsible for long-term growth, productivity, and overall sales results of their region through the attraction, acquisition and retention of both clients and top Advisor talent alike, while leading and providing strategic direction on all aspects related to the operations and management of their local IG Wealth Management regional office.
With the support of Head Office and Distribution (Sales) Leadership, the Regional Vice-President assists their management team and Advisors to meet and exceed performance standards while abiding by industry and internal compliance regulations, acting both ethically and most importantly in the clients’ best interests.
- Talent acquisition & onboarding support for new candidates
- New client acquisition – focused on mass-affluent and high net worth clients and business owners
- Technology and innovation adoption support and management
- Region leadership and mentoring
- Performance and personal development coaching
- Establishing a respectful workplace and promoting/creating a diverse and expansive culture
- Region finance management
- Strategic teaming and advisor planning efforts related to succession planning, building teams, etc.
- Fostering and promoting a culture for advisor growth and development
- Increasing local brand awareness
- Community support and involvement
- Strong compliance culture and education practices
- Ensuring adherence to corporate policies
- Talent Acquisition - Partners with the Talent Acquisition Team to develop a recruiting culture passionate about building impactful Advisor teams and attracts top quality industry candidates and strong business candidates.
- Client Acquisition - Plays a key role to support the attraction and acquisition of new High Net Worth client and business owner prospects by offering unique skills and laying out a clear and outstanding value proposition for both the Advisor and the prospective client by promoting the bench strength of the IG Wealth Management specialist and support teams and their resources.
- Technology Adoption Champion - Early adopter of all new technology and innovation initiatives that impact Advisors and Clients. Monitors, promotes, educates, and engages the region on all new technologies affecting the advisor network.
- Engaging/Inspiring - Conveys trust in people’s ability to do their jobs; creates a feeling of energy, excitement, engagement, and personal investment, inspires others to excel; recognizes phenomenal performance and champions new insights.
- Strategic Mindset - Thinks critically; understands implications of decisions; translates concepts into practical application; knows how to optimally operate within the organization by keeping people informed and engaged through education and awareness.
- Effective Execution - Organizes and leads Advisors to achieve key goals and objectives considering both business strategy and the achievement of successful client outcomes.
- Consultant Development - Champions the importance of a passionate team with diverse strengths. Effectively trains, coaches and mentors Division Managers build successful practices while supporting and promoting a broad and respectful culture within their divisions and the office.
- Resiliency/Adaptability - Reacts to change, ambiguity and uncertainty with confidence and openness. Solicits and acts on feedback and learns from experience. Creates a supportive environment to foster healthy and successful change and adoption.
- Accountability - Accepts responsibility for one’s own performance and actions; follows through on commitments; is a strong self-manager; focused and organized; treats others fairly and consistently.
- Effective Communication - Listens attentively and with emotional intelligence, modifies messaging to meet the needs of the audience, keeps people up to date with information; speaks and writes clearly and concisely; encourages others to express their views with engaging public speaking abilities.
Required Skill / Experience
- University degree in a relevant field
- Previous management experience (preferably in leading large teams)
- 10+ years’ experience within the financial services or a related industry
- CFP designation (or commitment to earn CFP)
- Branch Manager Certification preferred (will be required upon hire)
- Financial Services Designations preferred (CLU, CFA, CA, CMA etc.)
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and support skills
- Proven strategic planning and business planning ability