Founded in 1957, AGF Management Limited is an independent and globally diverse asset management firm. AGF brings a disciplined approach to delivering excellence in investment management through its fundamental, quantitative, private capital, and high-net-worth businesses. Our suite of diverse investment solutions extends globally to a wide range of clients, from individual investors and financial advisors to institutions, including pension plans, corporate plans, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations. Our commitment to the principles of good stewardship and responsible investment is a positive differentiator for AGF. We believe integrating Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) issues into our investment decision-making and ownership practices across platforms will help deliver better investment outcomes to our clients.
About the Team:
The Retail Sales Department is responsible for servicing our clients by providing value add solutions and an exceptional client experience. The team values innovation, leadership and personal commitment. Our growth and success are the direct result of our employees' commitment and dedication, and our disciplined approach to investing.
About the Role:
You will build strong and lasting business relationships with our clients by identifying, selling and cross-selling opportunities, and measuring client satisfaction. This position will operate in Ottawa with some minor travel throughout Ontario on an as needed basis.
You are a great team player, and an energetic, motivated and articulate experienced sales professional. You are passionate about financial markets and excited to make an impact on AGF’s overall customer satisfaction. If this reflects you and your experience, join us and you will have the opportunity to build an exciting and evolving career.
- Contribute to the development of specific account and business plans that incorporates growth from both existing and prospective clients, identifying the client, product mix, and sales strategies to be deployed to maximize the team’s contribution to district targets
- For a specific portfolio of clients further develop account and business plans, plus a call program that will grow sales, retain Advisors and add new Advisors to the district
- Establish and maintain strong internal and external relationships to allow for the identification, optimization and realization of sales
- Monitor daily, weekly, monthly and year-to-date advisor fund flows within your portfolio to identify trends and provide suggestions to advisors in order to retain assets
- Provide effective product and sales support to cultivate relationships and drive sales
- Proactively identify and work to implement new sales ideas, concepts and solutions. Profiling advisors to uncover needs and determine cross-sell opportunities
- Proactively, or when requested, provide support to dealers and brokers on the market and fund performance and management strategies, portfolio manager philosophies/styles/processes as well as portfolio profiles, value added programs, products and company updates and industry trends
- Keep abreast of changes in the market and incorporate that knowledge into conversations with advisors. Stay current with competition and effectively communicate advantages and opportunities when presented with competitive situations
- Participate in AGF branch visits, client seminars, branch presentations, road shows, conferences and industry events
- Create and deliver effective sales presentations and conference calls to promote AGF products
- Maintain timely and accurate records of all Advisor activity
- Ensure compliance and governance procedures are adhered to with respect to expense management and other regulated aspects of the job
- Effectively utilize provided sales tools including technology (CRM, Leads Module) to best achieve required business results
Required Skill / Experience
- Solid knowledge of the investment industry, combined with a minimum of 3 years mutual fund sales experience
- Proven sales ability with effective customer relationship building skills.
- University degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced certification CIMA or CFA preferred.
- Team player and self–starter, highly motivated, and results driven.
- Demonstrates a high level of independence and creativity.
- Strong organizational and follow-up abilities.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, effective listening skills; excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced challenging environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel and Salesforce
- Bilingual communication, both written and oral, in French and English is considered an asset.