We’re looking for a…
Product Manager for our Investment Analytics and ESG Oversight team
Who the heck are we?
EdgePoint Wealth Management is a Toronto-based investment firm. We’re long-term investors in businesses and believe that the best way to buy a business at an attractive price is to have an idea about the business not widely shared by others. We’re not afraid to look different from the crowd. In fact, we believe in order to outperform in the long run, you have to be willing to look wrong in the short term. We focus on companies with strong competitive positions, defendable barriers to entry and long-term growth prospects that are run by competent management teams. We invest globally across the capital structure in both public and private securities. To learn more about us, please visit www.edgepointwealth.com.
What’s the job about?
The team you would be part of helps our external partners understand the hows and whys behind our Portfolios by creating open, honest and timely communication material. We work closely with the Investment team in monitoring and analyzing Portfolios, as well as the Relationship Management team to help convey an impactful message. We’re looking for a team member with exceptionally strong analytical and communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to work well with others.
The product manager’s key responsibility is creating persuasive investment-related communications including portfolio analysis, commentaries and visualizations that explain our Portfolios’ positioning, the market environment and compelling investment opportunities. Our communication tools come in a variety of mediums, from PowerPoint slides to our website to videos. All projects require in-depth knowledge of EdgePoint’s investment approach, our beliefs and how we’re positioned. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for supporting our Institutional business by providing ongoing reporting to clients.
The Investment Analytics department takes a team approach to managing EdgePoint’s ESG responsibilities. The product manager would help with ESG monitoring of our investments, identifying Portfolio company engagements and assisting with all ESG-related reporting requirements.
We believe a strong company culture can only be developed by being together and in-person. This position is located in our Toronto office.
So what’s in it for me?
Here are some of the benefits of working at EdgePoint:
▪ Compensation – annual bonus in addition to salary
▪ Company equity ownership program
▪ Company-funded RRSP contributions
▪ Comprehensive Health and Dental coverage
▪ On-site gym (and regular company lunches to fuel those workout sessions)
Not just a boring resume
To be considered for the role, please send us your resume and response to the question below to:
In addition to your resume, please provide suggestions on what we can add to our website to make it more informative for our clients.
The deadline for applications is November 30th, 2023.
EdgePoint is an equal-opportunity workplace. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates
selected for an interview will be contacted.
EdgePoint is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. If selected for an interview, we will work with you to ensure that your interview is accessible and accommodation is provided. Please contact us at [email protected] or 416.963.9353 to let us know if you require accommodation for an interview due to a disability or other circumstance.
Required Skill / Experience
What makes a good partner?
At EdgePoint, we try to maintain a company culture that inspires our employees to think and act like owners. We believe employees with a stake in the success of a business are more motivated to meet (and exceed) the expectations of their individual role.
Besides that, we’re looking for our newest internal partner ideally brings:
- Minimum three years mutual fund or financial industry experience
- Technical know-how – familiarity with FactSet, Bloomberg or Morningstar Direct gets our attention
- Understanding of investment performance measurement – an ability to interpret the results will go a long way
- Ability to crunch the numbers – thorough understanding of Microsoft Excel will be important (SQL, VBA are
- a plus)
- Desire to learn – there will be many opportunities to grow and adapt
- Team skills – enjoy working collaboratively with other people
- Attention to detail – there’s a lot of data to check and edits to make
- Visualization skillset – we’re always looking for new ways to show information in an easily digestible way
- Strong writing and communication skills – effectively sharing your ideas is key
- Prior experience in an ESG-related role is a plus
- Designations – CFA, CIPM or CIM enrolment – not mandatory, but it helps