Our PlanRight Support team assists members with a few different components of their Group Retirement plans. First the team is responsible for providing some key member engagement interaction touch points through the customers lifecycle with Manulife; Welcome support. When members are new to their plan we provide education on how their employer plans work, along with retirement counsel for members enrolled in our retirement redefined program. In addition, the PlanRight Support team also assists members with transaction and questions on their investments, such as, , fund direction and fund changes, investment management fees, rates of return and the impact of fund rationalizations, information on GRIP (Group Retirement Income Plans) plans including payment schedules, unscheduled withdraws and unlocking. This is a full time position, 37.5 hours per week between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm EST Monday to Friday.
- Manage inbound, outbound and email databases to provide outstanding education and advice to members regarding their retirement products. This involves guiding members through the enrolment process, assisting with fund selection and ensure the member is proficient in their options and taking full advantage of the employer program.
- Gather and accurately record all customer information required to process member transactions in one of the 3 record keeping systems/CRM tools. This could include enrolments, asset consolidations, demographic information updates, investment changes, etc.
- Providing outstanding customer experience accurately and professionally
- Reviewing GRIP plans, payment schedules and unscheduled payments
- Review of LIF unlocking inquiries
- Review of investment management fee questions
- Meeting productivity and quality objectives established by the department as well as Customer Experience Call Audits
- Management of the inbox and cases that are assigned to the team
- Completion of transfer in requests for former Standard Life accounts
Required Skill / Experience
- Must be a strong communicator both verbally for phone consultations and in email
- Deliver outstanding customer service in a professional manner
- Must be well organized and detailed in approach, with good follow-through
- Gather and accurately record and update member account changes to their investments
- Remain current and up to date on system processes, updates and changes
- Proactively share knowledge and best practices to ensure objectives are met
- While not a formal sales role, must be fearless when it comes to achieving “soft” sales targets
Background and Experience:
- Previous customer service experience
- Punctuality and attendance is critical
- Great attitude and high energy
- Effective listening skills and empathy
- A desire to learn and grow in a dynamic global company and to have the ability to learn and apply new knowledge
- Navigation of software and multiple applications
- Ability to understand questions and/or to probe for additional information or clarification to gain understanding (attention to detail)
- Able to work in a very structured, fast-paced environment
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Able to accept regular coaching feedback and apply improvements suggested
Assets (preferred but not necessary):
- Background in a financial services industry
- Understanding of Investment products available to Canadian Investors (eg. RRSP, RRIF)
- Knowledge of segregated funds
What motivates you?
- Obsessing about customers, listening, engaging and act for their benefit.
- Thinking big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile approach and enable business outcomes.
- You thrive in teams and enjoy getting things done together.
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters.
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up.
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone.
Our commitment to you
- Values-first culture
- We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.
- Boundless opportunity
- We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career!
- Continuous innovation
- We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services.
- Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
- Championing Corporate Citizenship
- We build a business that benefits all stakeholders and has a positive social and environmental impact.