ABOUT THE COMPANY
Hazelview Investments is an active investor, owner and manager of global real estate assets. Founded in 1999, Hazelview currently manages over $12.3 billion in total assets across two key investment strategies; direct investments in real estate and investment in publicly traded companies that own investment-grade real estate. We use our global knowledge and expertise to make insightful real estate investments and to actively create value for our team, clients, residents and tenants. We see value potential that others have missed. We bring the same philosophy to human investment that we bring to asset investment; focus on the underlying value, commit to maximizing its potential; work at it; be patient; take personal responsibility; share in the rewards. We’re driven to create value for people and places.
Vision: “We create value for people and places”
Our Core Values:
- Ownership Mindset
- Having Fun
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Partner, Institutional & Consultant Relations reports to the Managing Partner, Institutional & Consultant Relations. The role is an integral part of the Sales team and will be responsible for new business development and institutional third-party relationship management primarily throughout Canada. As one of the main representatives in this central region, the role is also responsible for cultivating and building relationships with field investment consultants to strengthen mutual client relationships and to promote the Hazelview brand and skills and expertise. The ideal candidate is a great team player, passionate about the industry, energetic and motivated.
- Building successful and lasting relationships, and generating sales opportunities within the institutional investor landscape.
- Identify prospects through investment consultants, records keepers, plan sponsors, existing relationships and other service providers.
- Identify opportunities and leverage internal knowledge to identify Hazelview strategies which fit well for institutional clients vs. our competition.
- Actively contact prospects to establish relationships, assess client / portfolio needs, and influence RFP submissions
- Prepare and present the firm’s investment capabilities and investment products to key decision makers. Presentations could be structured as RFPs, investment reviews etc.
- Create marketing events to increase awareness of the Hazelview brand and increase the firm and product profile within the institutional client space.
- Develop sales strategy, and business planning process for the institutional sales channel.
- Once clients are established complete regular client follow up meetings to evaluate progress, manage investment review process, achievement of investment targets / metrics, and service excellence.
- Coordinate client contributions and withdrawals for this industry vertical.
- Continuing education in finance, real estate investing, pension fund issues, family office etc.
- Market investment products including alternative assets such as private real estate, private real estate debt and REITs to targeted clients.
- Understand clients’ needs, advise and structure investment solutions for them.
- Formulate business strategies in developing new clients and maintaining existing relationships.
- Work closely with different departments to contribute product development and marketing strategy.
- Monitor market trend and landscape to identify potential opportunities.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Hazelview products, including features and benefits to solve advisor needs.
- Travel within territory to conduct one-on–one sales calls, conduct client events and group presentations.
- Conduct outbound prospecting calls in an effort to build assigned territory.
- Manage and develop systems to create efficiencies including scheduling/rotations, meeting preparation and follow-up, lead generation and budget management.
Required Skill / Experience
- 5-10 years of experience working for or with pension consultants or building and managing institutional investor/consultant relationships
- Knowledgeable of current trends in pension, investment and real estate industries
- An undergraduate degree is required and an MBA, CFA, CFP or CIM designation is an asset
- Experience with Salesforce is an asset
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC), Exempt Market Dealer (EMD) or the IFC an asset
- Established relationships within the industry an asset
- High energy self-starter with a ‘can do’ attitude, entrepreneurial and proactive
- Strong communication (verbal/written), interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong quantitative skills focused on financial analysis, accounting, and financial theory.
- Well-developed presentation and telephone skills
- Ability to create and maintain client relationships
- Advanced computer skills (Excel, Power Point, Word, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, driven work environment
- Ability to travel extensively
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as within a close team environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Superior attention to detail, organizational skills, and a curious mind