We're on a mission to secure a better financial future for Canadians. Your meaningful contributions go beyond the workplace, touching lives and making a significant societal impact. Work that truly counts!
Why you will love being a CAATster:
A Culture of Collaboration and Fun
We're a team that works, grows, and celebrates together. At CAAT, you belong to a collaborative, inclusive and lively environment that sparks creativity and fosters open communication.
Comprehensive & Holistic Care
Your dedication deserves appreciation! At CAAT, we celebrate the complete you, prioritizing your well-being above all. Our all-encompassing employee programs are designed to cater to every aspect of your life and wellbeing, ensuring you feel cherished and valued. We provide a competitive Total Rewards program based around your physical, mental, and financial wellness. This includes, but is not limited to, your compensation, paid time off, health and dental benefits, wellness programs, wellness incentives, and (of course) a defined benefit pension plan.
Embrace a vibrant, ever-evolving environment at CAAT, where growth is not just a goal, but our way of life! We're expanding and transforming constantly, which means endless opportunities for you to adapt, innovate, and learn. As we grow, so do you. Let’s make a difference together!
Learn more about us by visiting www.caatpension.ca
The Senior Investment Finance Analyst is integral to the success of the Finance team, and to CAAT’s guiding mission and growth strategy.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Investment Finance, the Senior Investment Finance Analyst is responsible for investment accounting and operational activities of the CAAT’s investment portfolio. The incumbent will also be instrumental in supporting the post go live implementation of eFront (a new Private Equity & Alternative Investment Software) and establishing new processes.
Once here you will:
- Maintain the eFront Investment software book of record for private market investments, which include the administration of capital calls, distributions, commitment tracking, NAV, GP expenses and performance fees.
- Establish new processes related to eFront Investment software along with post go live participation in testing of system upgrades/enhancements.
- Assist the Investment Finance - Middle Office and Private Markets Investment Team with ad-hoc inquiries (including private markets accounting data, completing KYC/Tax documentation, etc)
- Create quarterly/annual reports for senior leadership in relation to the private markets portfolio (i.e. Investment Cost Report, etc).
- Review reconciliations and provide ongoing oversight of custody and accounting records.
- Prepare/review of accounting schedules, general ledger journal entries, reconciliation reports, and variance analysis to support quarterly closing process.
- Prepare the investment section of the quarterly and/or annual statements for the CAAT Pension Plan and RCA Plan.
- Prepare documentation relating to accounting policies, procedures and controls for Investment Finance and recommend changes when required.
- Provide oversight and support to other team members as necessary.
Required Skill / Experience
We are looking for someone with:
- Three to five years of progressive experience in accounting/finance within a pension plan or the financial services industry.
- University degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
- CPA or equivalent professional accounting designation is preferred.
- Experience working with eFront (or any other Private Equity & Alternative Investment Software), SAP Accounting Software, and CIBC Mellon Custody Services is preferred.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Accounting knowledge for public market and alternative investments, including private equity, hedge funds, real estate, and infrastructure.
- Ability to identify, manage, and provide effective solutions when faced with ambiguity.
- Basic understanding of a computer programming language (Python, VBA, Java, etc) is an asset
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills with an attention to detail.