GET A FRESH ANGLE ON YOUR CAREER
From new regulations to globalization, the pace and extent of changes in the accounting profession are significant. The diversity and complexity of our investment and insurance environment make our accounting and finance opportunities challenging. Bring your expertise to our dedicated teams and contribute to the integration of the best and most stringent accounting practices and standards. Our main global objective: improve operational efficiency and support our many internal and external collaborators.
Reporting to the Director, Investment Operations, Fund Oversight, this position is part of our Fund Oversight team located in Montreal. The Fund Oversight team is in charge of reviewing and validating the Net Asset Value (NAV) calculation for Manulife’s internal and external funds. We are looking for a result-oriented leader with a good understanding of investment accounting and in-depth knowledge of financial markets. In addition to managing day-to-day activities, which includes operational support and file reviews, the manager must also be working towards the overall optimization of the oversight process, the analysis of potential synergies and processes while building strong influential relationships with key collaborators.
Participation in projects, management of initiatives as well as staying current on accounting and regulatory reporting is required. The Manager should also serve as a role model and mentor for junior team members by sharing knowledge, and inspiring others to be engaged in the various tasks and projects.
- Support the development of long-term and short-term plans and goals.
- Work collaboratively with various team leaders, develop an integrated and intuitive view of fund oversight business-as-usual deliverables and processes.
- Implement and validate changes to fund oversight procedures and ensure that documentation is updated to reach operational objectives.
- Deal with external customers/suppliers in order to resolve standard queries and problems.
- Build and leverage relationships with partners and collaborators.
- Understand emerging issues and challenges, and develop effective resolutions;
- Support change management planning and efforts as required.
- Document future control environment and identify high risk processes and suggest controls to be implemented to mitigate risks identified.
- Use appropriate judgment in dealing with unexpected issues and requests, demonstrating an ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to question and improve current processes to maximise synergies and efficiencies.
- Be ready to work from time to time outside of regular business hours in order to accommodate for spikes in activity or calls with our international partners.
- Use appropriate judgment in dealing with unexpected issues and requests, demonstrating an ability to prioritize work and mitigate risk.
Required Skill / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience, with a minimum of three (3) years in a managerial or team lead role.
- CPA or financial designation an asset
- Good knowledge of and/or experience with fund accounting, securities instruments, settlements, foreign exchange transactions, reconciliations and investment accounting.
- Result-oriented, with the ability to react quickly, to adapt to changes and to meet tight deadlines;
- Bilingual, French and English, written and spoken;
- Ability to set, manage and work to the expectations of collaborators and to work independently as well collaboratively in a group dynamic;
- Demonstrates initiative and takes responsibility;
- Detailed-oriented with a high level of accuracy;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skill.
What motivates you?
- Obsessing about customers, listening, engaging and act for their benefit.
- Thinking big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile approach and enable business outcomes.
- You thrive in teams and enjoy getting things done together.
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters.
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up.
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone.
Our commitment to you
- Values-first culture
- We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.
- Boundless opportunity
- We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career!
- Continuous innovation
- We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services.
- Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
- Championing Corporate Citizenship
- We build a business that benefits all collaborators and has a positive social and environmental impact.