Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we’d like to hear from you.
From new regulations to modernization, the pace and extent of changes in the accounting profession are significant. The diversity and complexity of our investment and insurance environment make our accounting and finance opportunities challenging. Bring your expertise to our dedicated teams and contribute to the integration of the best and most stringent accounting practices and standards. Our main global objective: improve operational efficiency and support our many internal and external collaborators.
The Director, Global Fund Oversight position is accountable for Fund Oversight management. The role is responsible for the optimization and scalability of the NAV oversight process, the analysis of potential alignments and processes integration while building strong influential relationship with key partners. Participation in projects, management of initiatives as well as staying current on accounting and regulatory reporting is required. The Director should also manage processes and serve as a role model and mentor for junior team members by sharing knowledge, and inspiring others to be engaged in the tasks and projects.
- Support the development of long-term and short-term plans and goals.
- Demonstrate sophisticated knowledge regarding technical aspects of work.
- Demonstrate a dedication towards continuously updating knowledge.
- Support various initiatives and ad-hoc requests, and approach new work with curiosity and creativity
- Identify capacity within the team, help find solutions to roadblocks, advance issues when required.
- Directly lead and complete the initiatives / requests.
- Develop and improve appropriate dashboard and monitoring application.
- Develop an integrated and intuitive view of fund oversight business-as-usual results and processes.
- Identify achievements, flag interdependencies, dedicatedly identify actual or potential issues
- Implement and validate changes to fund oversight procedures and ensure that documentation is updated to reach operational objectives and that standards are met.
- Deal with internal / external collaborators/suppliers in order to resolve standard queries and problems.
- Build and demonstrate collaborations.
- Understand emerging issues and challenges, and develop effective resolutions
- Further the understanding of, and help achieve, Fund Oversight strategic objectives
- Support organisational change planning and efforts as required, namely with respect to the global consolidation of oversight.
- Document future control environment and identify high risk processes and suggest controls to be implemented to mitigate risk identified.
- Manage a team of 10-15 professionals towards achieving Fund Oversight team objective.
How will you create impact?
To be successful in the role, the candidate will possess not only the experience and knowledge of Wealth & Asset Management business but must form relationships with all levels and fields throughout the global company and to have the ability to communicate effectively. We are looking for a result-oriented leader with a good understanding of investment accounting and in-depth knowledge of financial markets.
Required Skill / Experience
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or Accounting with a minimum of ten (10) years of experience, CPA designation an asset
- Wealth and Asset management business knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively connect with all levels.
- Expertise in working within a global organization
- Highly effective influence, negotiation and collaboration skills with the ability to work across the enterprise globally.
- Ability to develop and form relationships and engage and influence others
- Flexible and adaptable when dealing with change with a strong awareness and understanding of cultural diversity.
- Strong social skills with the ability to collaborate negotiate and influence effectively.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, particularly in the area of using sound, independent discernment, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Results oriented, able to handle expectations, work under tight deadlines and lead ambitious priorities.
- Strong business insight with ability to communicate sophisticated financial concepts and results in a clear, concise, easy to understand manner (written and verbal).
- Knowledge of SimCorp Dimension an asset
What can we offer you?
- A competitive salary and benefits packages.
- A growth trajectory that extends upward and outward, encouraging you to follow your passions and learn new skills.
- A focus on growing your career path with us.
- Flexible work policies and strong work-life balance.
- Professional development and leadership opportunities.
Our commitment to you
- Values-first culture
We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.
- Boundless opportunity
We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career.
- Continuous innovation
We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services.
- Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
- Championing Corporate Citizenship
We build a business that benefits all stakeholders and has a positive social and environmental impact.