Who the heck are we?
EdgePoint Wealth Management is a Toronto-based investment firm. We’re long-term investors in businesses and believe that the best way to buy a business at an attractive price is to have an idea about the business not widely shared by others. We’re not afraid to look different from the crowd. In fact, we believe in order to outperform in the long run, you have to be willing to look wrong in the short term. We focus on companies with strong competitive positions, defendable barriers to entry and long-term growth prospects that are run by competent management teams. We invest globally across the capital structure in both public and private securities. To learn more about us, please visit www.edgepointwealth.com.
What’s the job about?
The team you would be part of helps our external partners understand the hows and whys behind our Portfolios by creating open, honest and timely communication material. We work closely with the Investment team in monitoring and analyzing Portfolios, as well as the Relationship Management team to help convey an impactful message. We’re looking for a team member with exceptionally strong analytical and communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to work (and play) well with others.
The junior product manager’s key responsibility is creating persuasive investment-related communications including portfolio analysis, commentaries and visualizations that explain our Portfolios’ positioning, the market environment and compelling investment opportunities. The best way to engage our audience is by creatively transforming complicated ideas into easier-toconsume and interesting ways. Our communication tools come in a variety of mediums, from slides to our website to videos. All projects require in-depth knowledge of EdgePoint’s investment approach, our beliefs and how we’re positioned.
This is an in-office position, located in Toronto
Required Skill / Experience
What makes a good partner?
At EdgePoint, we try to maintain a company culture that inspires our employees to think and act like owners. We believe employees with a stake in the success of a business are more motivated to meet (and exceed) the expectations of their individual role.
Besides that, our newest internal partner brings:
- Minimum three years mutual fund or financial industry experience
- Strong writing and communication skills – effectively sharing your ideas is key
- Technical know-how – familiarity with FactSet, Bloomberg, Morningstar Direct or Adobe Creative Suite gets our attention
- Desire to learn – there will be many opportunities to grow and adapt
- Team skills – enjoy working collaboratively with other people
- Attention to detail – there’s a lot of data to check and edits to make
- Visualization skillset – we’re always looking for new ways to show information in an easily digestible way
- Idea generator – our messages are timeless, but we want to make sure any information gaps we have are filled
- Flexibility and dependability – deadlines and changing situations mean being able to adapt quickly. You’ll always need to be revved up and ready to get things done
- Willingness to go above and beyond – we want someone who will think and act like a true business owner
- Designations – CFA, CIPM or CIM enrolment – not mandatory, but it helps
- Baking skills – another nice to have (we love treats in the office)
So, what’s in it for me?
Here are some of the benefits of working at EdgePoint:
- Compensation – annual bonus in addition to salary
- Company equity ownership program
- Company-funded RRSP contributions
- Comprehensive Health and Dental coverage
- On-site gym (and regular company lunches to fuel those workout sessions)