We are a leading financial services provider committed to making decisions easier and lives better for our customers and colleagues around the world. From our environmental initiatives to our community investments, we lead with values throughout our business. To help us stand out, we help you step up, because when colleagues are healthy, respected and meaningfully challenged, we all thrive. Discover how you can grow your career, make impact and drive real change with our Winning Team today.
The Bilingual Investment Analyst is accountable for providing accurate, complete and detailed investment analyses to the Fundamental Equity investment team in a timely manner to assist them in building focused, high-performing and well-structured portfolios. The investment analyses performed will focus on the financial and fundamental analysis of individual companies.
- Analyze company financial statements and fundamentals, including ESG factors, in order to provide critical information and analysis required in the investment decision-making process.
- Company analysis will include companies across various sectors.
- Present verbal and written reviews of company research to the Fundamental Equity team.
- Actively participate in portfolio construction meetings.
- Develop tools to enhance the team’s efficiency and processes
- Update and maintain financial models for researched companies in an accurate and timely manner.
Required Skill / Experience
- Undergraduate degree in finance/accounting/actuarial or graduate degree (e.g. MBA, MFin),
- CPA is an asset;
- Candidates need to have a CFA or committed to completing a CFA.
- Zero to five years of progressive work experience in financial services/investments/or relevant industry
- Strong analytical skills to complete detailed fundamental analysis.
- A strong understanding of financial statement analysis.
- Good understanding of business and economics to research target companies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to deliver reviews and recommendations.
- Sense of judgment and self-discipline to evaluate multiple opportunities and make appropriate investment decisions.
- Team player.
- Strong computer and analytical skills (particularly Excel), including financial modeling.
- Familiarity with Bloomberg (including excel add-ins) would be an asset.
- Ability to learn quickly; demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work within tight and changing time constraints and to handle multiple tasks.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Bilingual (French and English) is required
- Mastery of ESG databases and/or data providers such as MSCI, Sustainalytics, Trucost, Factset an asset.
What motivates you?
- Obsessing about customers, listening, engaging and act for their benefit.
- Thinking big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile approach and enable business outcomes.
- You thrive in teams and enjoy getting things done together.
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters.
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up.
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone.
Our commitment to you
- Values-first culture
- We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.
- Boundless opportunity
- We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career!
- Continuous innovation
- We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services.
- Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
- Championing Corporate Citizenship
- We build a business that benefits all stakeholders and has a positive social and environmental impact.
About Manulife Investment Management
Manulife Investment Management is the global wealth and asset management segment of Manulife Financial Corporation. We draw on more than a century of financial stewardship to partner with clients across our institutional, retail, and retirement businesses globally. Our specialist approach to money management includes the highly differentiated strategies of our fixed-income, specialized equity, multi-asset solutions, and private markets teams—along with access to specialized, unaffiliated asset managers from around the world through our multimanager model.