CIBC Capital Markets is a leading provider of M&A advisory, debt and equity financing, corporate banking, trading, hedging and research.
Solid banking partnerships are built over time and require a foundation of trust, understanding and agile support to help you take advantage of market opportunities as they arise. Aligned with our firm-wide promise to empower our clients to achieve their ambitions, we bring the full extent of our capabilities to your goals, as together we innovate new ways to create value.
We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What you’ll be doing
Join our Global Transaction Banking, Cash Management team as a Summer Analyst in this 4 month role and become part of a team focused on delivering innovative banking and investment solutions to CIBC’s retail, wealth and business clients including corporates, governments and institutional clients around the world. Our goal remains to be the leading Capital Markets franchise in Canada and to work as one team to build our brand across North America and the world - proudly living our values as we work toward our vision to be the leader in client relationships.
The Calgary based team provides cash management solutions to Corporate Banking clients for their treasury requirements for receivables, payables, managing liquidity via deposit account solutions and reporting. The team covers a cross section of industry verticals across the business including Energy, Diversified, Mining, Infrastructure, Power & Utilities, Sustainable Finance, Financial Institutions and Govt. sectors. Our clients are located across British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and we also support Canadian operations of US and Europe domiciled clients.
More information on cash management available at https://www.cibc.com/en/commercial/business-solutions/managing-cash-flow.html.
At CIBC we enable the work environment most optimal for you to thrive in your role. Details on your work arrangement (proportion of on-site and remote work) will be discussed at the time of your interview.
- You are enrolled in an undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Marketing or related at the time of the internship,
- You are on track to complete your undergrad program no sooner than 2025.
- Applications should include your resume (no more than 2 pages), cover letter (no more than 1 page) and an unofficial transcript all uploaded to the Resume/CV section of the application
- Please indicate your expected graduation date on your resume
- Location: Calgary. Please note all employees must work within their current jurisdiction and must reside within Canada. All CIBC student positions require you to be based in Canada for the duration of the term
- Duration of Work Term: 4 months (May 2024 – August 2024)
- This job posting closes on October 1st 2023 11:59PM EST.
How you’ll succeed
- Relationship building – Make an impact in your community, and show clients they’re appreciated by engaging in marketing and outreach activities. You will develop new client relationships through your business development activities leveraging referral sources, existing clients and centers of influence.
- Collaboration – Collaborate with your team to connect with clients on opportunities. You will provide treasury best practices and cash management solutions to meet your clients’ needs.
- Client first – Proactively assess your clients’ needs and propose solutions to meet those needs. You have a good understanding of business and financial concepts to effectively articulate the cash management value proposition, as it relates to the impact on financial statements. You will provide continued partnership and support to your clients through understanding their goals and objectives.
Who you are
- You're passionate about people. You find meaning in relationships, and surround yourself with a diverse network of partners. You build trust through respect and authenticity.
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- You’re digitally savvy. You are proficient in MS-office suite of tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel). You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends.
- You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems and making sense of information. You're confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
- You are organized and work gracefully under pressure. You can juggle multiple tasks and prioritize work to make timely decisions and take appropriate action.
- You're driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to bring a shared vision to life.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC offers
At CIBC, your goals are a priority. We start with your strengths and ambitions as an employee and strive to create opportunities to tap into your potential. We aspire to give you a career, rather than just a paycheck.
- Our spaces and technological toolkit will make it simple to bring together great minds to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our clients.
- We cultivate a culture where you can express your ambition through initiatives like Purpose Day; a paid day off dedicated for you to use to invest in your growth and development.
What you need to know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit.