We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What you’ll be doing
As a Summer Analyst in our Equity Capital Markets team, you will be making a real difference to our Global Investment Banking clients by helping to provide customized equity financing solutions. You will work collaboratively with our Global Investment Banking teams located in Canada, the United States, Europe, Asia and Australia, as well as our equity sales & trading and research teams, to serve corporations and institutions across a number of industries.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a group of professionals ranging from Analysts to Managing Directors who are dedicated to advising clients on optimal ways to access equity markets to solve their financing needs and benefit from our origination, structuring and distribution capabilities. As a Summer Analyst in the team, you will get direct exposure to senior-level bankers and be involved in the execution of each transaction. Our team has consistently been a leading player in Canada by virtually every metric, including deals led, market share and total amount underwritten.
This position requires you to be an effective communicator capable of building relationships both internally and with clients. You will have the opportunity to provide a broad range of analytical, research, presentation preparation, and deal execution support to the team. You will contribute to a variety of equity financing transactions, such as initial public offerings (IPOs) and follow-on issues, including acquisition-related financings and full capital structure solution projects. You will work closely with individuals from various investment banking industry groups across the firm, as well as our equity sales & trading and research teams. Our team approach to executing coverage and financing assignments is designed to provide progressive on-the-job training.
Details on your work arrangement (proportion of on-site and remote work) will be discussed at the time of your interview.
Required Skill / Experience
- You are enrolled in an undergraduate degree in Commerce, Business, Finance or related fields at the time of the internship.
- You are on track to complete your undergrad program no sooner than 2025. Please indicate your expected graduation date on your resume
- Applications should include your resume (no more than 2 pages), cover letter (no more than 1 page) and an unofficial transcript all uploaded to the Resume/CV section of the application.
- Location: Toronto. Please note all employees must work within their current jurisdiction and must reside within Canada. All CIBC student positions require you to be based in Canada for the duration of the term
- Duration of Work Term: 4 months (May 2024 – August 2024)
- This job posting closes on March 23rd 2023 11:59PM EST.
How you’ll succeed
- Effective communication – This position requires you to be an effective communicator capable of building relationships both internally and with clients
- Research and analytics – You will have the opportunity to provide a broad range of analytical, research, presentation preparation, and deal execution support to the team
- Transaction experience – You will contribute to a variety of equity financing transactions, such as initial public offerings (IPOs) and follow-on issues, including acquisition-related financings and full capital structure solution projects
- Teamwork – You will work closely with individuals from various investment banking industry groups across the firm, as well as our equity sales & trading and research teams
- On-the-job training – Our team approach to executing coverage and financing assignments is designed to provide progressive on-the-job training
Who you are
- Demonstrated track record of success – You have a proven history of academic success, teamwork and extracurricular involvement
- Genuine interest in capital markets – You enjoy learning and have a strong interest in and knowledge of financial markets
- Attention to detail – You are a self-starter with a strong attention to detail and can multi-task with the best of them. You constructively push the status quo, and thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced market environment
- Excellent communication skills – You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, which allow you to explain complex concepts in a meaningful way
- Analytical and quantitative skills – You have top-notch analytical and quantitative skills, combined with strong technical and computational expertise to complete financial and data analysis
- Driven by collective success – You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one. You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to bring a shared vision to life while always acting with integrity
- Values matter to you – You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability
What CIBC offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
What you need to know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact [email protected]
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit.