Position Title: Facilitator, British Columbia (Vancouver) Steering Committee
Position Type: Volunteer
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Virtual, located in Vancouver
WCM is currently seeking a volunteer Facilitator for our British Columbia Steering Committee. The Facilitator will work with our Chapter Co-Chairs to assist in the organization of all committee meetings and material. The Facilitator must have a strong commitment to the mission, strategies, and work of WCM. The Facilitator will report to the Co-Chairs of the Steering Committee and appointed WCM Staff.
Professionals and students of all genders are encouraged to apply.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organize Steering Committee Meetings every 6-8 weeks;
- Support Co-Chairs in meeting planning - arranging meeting logistics/booking venue, circulating conference line, meeting set up (AV, printing of materials, drinks, opening conference line) and cleaning up from Steering Committee Meetings.
- Supporting Co-Chairs in the maintenance of regular communication with Steering Committee Members, circulating agendas and minutes (WCM Template provided) and other materials when needed.
- Canvass availability and book calendar invite with dial-in information and a venue if necessary.
- Attend all Steering Committee Meetings, take minutes and distribute them within two working days of the meeting.
- Act as WCM BC Chapter ambassador and leverage your network to raise the profile of WCM;
- Three-year term, renewable once for a second three-year term.
Required Skill / Experience
- 2+ years of professional experience within the financial services industry
- Experience dealing with multiple stakeholders and volunteer committees
- Strong organizational skills and deadline oriented
- Conceptual skills and intellectual insight as it relates to diversity and inclusion