Who the heck are we?
EdgePoint Wealth Management is a Toronto-based investment firm. We’re long-term investors in businesses and believe that the best way to buy a business at an attractive price is to have an idea about the business not widely shared by others. We’re not afraid to look different from the crowd. In fact, we believe in order to outperform in the long run, you have to be willing to look wrong in the short term. We focus on companies with strong competitive positions, defendable barriers to entry and long-term growth prospects that are run by competent management teams. We invest globally across the capital structure in both public and private securities. To learn more about us, please visit www.edgepointwealth.com.
What’s the job about?
Joining the ESG Oversight team, you will work in close collaboration with your ESG team members to assist in all aspects of EdgePoint’s approach to ESG. This would include the ESG monitoring of our investments, support our investment team in accessing and analyzing ESG related data, identifying and prioritizing Portfolio company engagements, proxy voting support, etc.
The team’s newest addition will also support the team by quarterbacking our Request for Proposal (RFP) and Due Diligence Questionnaires (DDQ) processes, which play key roles in both the acquisition of new business and the retention of existing
clients. Involvement in these processes provides the opportunity to be exposed to all areas of the business.
This is an in-office position, located in Toronto.
Required Skill / Experience
What makes a good partner?
At EdgePoint, we try to maintain a company culture that inspires our employees to think and act like owners. We believe employees with a stake in the success of a business are more motivated to meet (and exceed) the expectations of their individual role.
Besides that, we’re looking for our newest internal partner ideally brings:
- Minimum three years mutual fund or financial industry experience
- Prior experience in ESG and/or RFP writing
- Strong writing and communication skills
- A satisfaction guarantee – you’re only happy when all issues are resolved
- Foresight – be on the ball and enjoy being one step ahead
- Desire to learn – there will be many opportunities to grow and adapt
- Team skills – enjoy working collaboratively with other people
- Attention to detail – if you’ve got an eagle eye, we want to hear from you
- Flexibility and dependability – deadlines and changing situations mean being able to adapt quickly. You’ll always need to be revved up and ready to get things done
- Education - A post-secondary degree
So what’s in it for me?
Here are some of the benefits of working at EdgePoint:
- Compensation – annual bonus in addition to salary
- Company equity ownership program
- Company-funded RRSP contributions
- Comprehensive Health and Dental coverage
- On-site gym (and regular company lunches to fuel those workout sessions)