Canaccord Genuity (CG) is a leading independent full-service financial services firm, with operations in two principal segments of the securities industry: wealth management and capital markets. CG is driven by an unwavering commitment to building lasting client relationships – we achieve this by generating value for our individual, institutional, and corporate clients through comprehensive investment solutions, brokerage, and investment banking services. We are the leading independent wealth management firm in Canada, and the leading mid-market provider of investment banking advisory, equity research, sales and trading services for corporations and institutions.
We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and finding innovative, tailored solutions. Our entrepreneurial and friendly team will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and collaboration and strive to eliminate bureaucratic thinking. We’re looking for talented people who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to have an impact with innovative ideas and best practices.
Our Canadian operation, Canaccord Genuity Corp., is currently looking for a Research Associate to join our Consumer & Retail team in Toronto.
- Provide research support to the Research Analysts;
- Conduct company, industry and macro-economic research;
- Develop and maintain complex financial models;
- Coordinate, generate and maintain research reports, presentations and databases;
- Assist with coordinating quarterly reporting initiatives;
- Support and answer client queries;
- Coordinate special projects, presentations and initiatives as assigned.
Required Skill / Experience
- Education that includes an undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting and /or an MBA;
- Path toward CFA or CPA an asset;
- Demonstrated interest in public companies and markets;
- Relevant financial services or accounting experience
- Solid understanding of financial statements and their interaction together;
- Direct experience with and a solid understanding of financial modeling & valuation analysis;
- Previous experience in the Consumer sector an asset;
- Advanced MS Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Bloomberg / FactSet proficiency;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to create high-quality deliverables while managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment;
- Willingness and flexibility to work long hours under deadline pressure and to show initiative.