We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You’ll Be Doing
The Director, Wealth Solutions will become a member of the Investment Strategy Committee at CIBC Private Wealth Management. With a firm understanding of our multi-disciplined investment approach, the successful candidate will be required to manage coverage of multiple sectors within North America and deliver timely investment ideas to support our goal of delivering consistent risk-adjusted performance to our clients. These recommendations will be based on research and knowledge of financial markets, portfolio management, and portfolio construction. As well, you will support the team through marketing events to various Wood Gundy branches. The individual will communicate their ideas directly to investment advisors via phone conversations as well as through the Investment Strategy Group’s publications and conference calls.
Details on your work arrangement (proportion of on-site and remote work) will be discussed at the time of your interview.
How You’ll Succeed
Provide investment advice- You are a meaningful contributor to the investment process through timely idea generation supported by fundamental analysis and will establish a track record of providing advisors with timely, accurate and valuable advice. You are an effective communicator who can explain complicated ideas simply and concisely.
Team Performance and Development- You will provide support for team members including motivating and coaching individuals to ensure professional growth opportunities are aligned with the priorities of ISG. You will also help to set annual business and professional development objectives, provide performance feedback, and recommendations of compensation increases. You will champion the team to work cohesively, accomplishing each business objective while contributing to the success of the overall department and firm, ensuring consistent communication and provide regular and effective feedback.
What CIBC offers
At CIBC, your goals are a priority. We start with your strengths and ambitions as an employee and strive to create opportunities to tap into your potential. We aspire to give you a career, rather than just a paycheck.
- We work to recognize you in meaningful, personalized ways including a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, a health benefits program, defined benefit pension plan, an employee share purchase plan and MomentMakers, our social, points-based recognition program.
- Our spaces and technological toolkit will make it simple to bring together great minds to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our clients.
- We cultivate a culture where you can express your ambition through initiatives like Purpose Day; a paid day off dedicated for you to use to invest in your growth and development.
What you need to know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact [email protected]
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit.
Required Skill / Experience
Who You Are
- You have experience as an Investment Professional (10 years+) experience in fundamental analysis performed on North American Equities. You have direct experience working as an active money manager with fixed income experience within the wealth management industry as an asset. You are a CFA Charterholder with the ability to handle multiple, simultaneous, time-sensitive deadlines.
- You understand that success is in the details. You have strong technical skills in Microsoft Office Applications including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as various other office equipment. You have advanced technical skills and strong working knowledge of Bloomberg, FactSet, Excel, etc.
- You have exemplary communication skills both written and spoken, with a creative mind, and experience writing and dealing with financial professionals. You enjoy working in a collaborative team environment focused on supporting the growth of our Wood Gundy Investment Advisors.