Founded in 1979, Middlefield is a specialist and independent equity income manager headquartered in Toronto, Canada. Middlefield’s actively managed, award-winning funds are designed to be “investments that work for you” by distributing consistent and high levels of income through various market cycles. Middlefield’s funds span a number of market sectors including real estate, healthcare, innovation, sustainability, infrastructure and energy. Investors can access these strategies in a variety of product types including ETFs, Mutual Funds, Closed-End Funds, Split-Share Funds and Flow-through LPs. To learn more, visit www.middlefield.com
The Director, Sales, Ontario, will join Middlefield’s wholesale team with the responsibility to grow Middlefield’s ETF & Mutual Fund range in Ontario.
In partnership with the Managing Director, Sales, the successful candidate will develop and execute an ETF & Mutual fund business/distribution strategy in Ontario to increase sales, grow and retain AUM, and increase Middlefield’s market share in Active ETFs & Mutual Funds. The Specialist will ensure all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, and internal policies and procedures.
- Build meaningful relationships with the Advisor channel in assigned territory
- Proactively collect & expand the database of IIROC for the assigned territory
- Maintain and update the CRM/Salesforce database to maximize sales results in the territory, including segmentation of the client base to define the sales opportunities in assigned territory
- Represent Middlefield at regional ETF events and conferences
- Build consultative relationships with the Middlefield Wholesale and Inside Sales Representatives team as an ETF & mutual fund subject matter expert
- Consistently improve and develop product knowledge, sales skills and efficiencies with the Middlefield Wholesale and Inside Sales Representatives team
- Effectively leverage senior management in the sales process
- Work closely with the National Accounts and Internal Sales Associates to identify and execute on specific firm and advisor initiatives connected to ETFs & mutual funds
- Adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk
Required Skill / Experience
- Minimum 5+ years of ETF or mutual fund sales experience
- Minimum 5+ years of wholesaling experience and managing a territory
- Team player and self–starter, highly motivated, and results-driven.
- Demonstrates a high level of independence and creativity.