ABOUT WOMEN IN CAPITAL MARKETS (WCM)
WCM is a national not-for-profit organization founded in 1995.
We execute our mission through:1. Building equity literacy2. Amplifying diverse talent3. Uniting Canada’s finance industry
Our partners include the major Canadian bank-owned dealers, independent and foreign dealers, asset managers, insurance firms, major pension plans, regulatory agencies, exchanges, and advisory firms. Our community of 3,500 professional and student members makes WCM the largest network of professionals in Canadian finance who have come together to vote for increased equity, diversity and inclusion.
Job Title: Director of Marketing and Communications
Company: Women in Capital Markets (WCM)
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Fully remote
Salary: $90,000 - $95,000
Our mission is to accelerate diversity, inclusion and equity in Canada’s financial industry. Join a creative, collaborative and engaged team dedicated to making an impact and advocating for equitable workplaces.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for overseeing the daily social media, email marketing, and website content, event marketing, and media presence for WCM. Strategically, you’ll also be responsible for WCM’s rebranding and website redesign process. The goal of our marketing platforms is to educate and inspire our audiences to increase their knowledge of equity and inclusion, engage with WCM, promote our initiatives, and advocate for systemic change in finance. This is an opportunity to apply creative and innovative ideas, think strategically and make a tangible impact.
Develop and execute marketing and communications strategies to increase awareness of WCM, its programs and research, and boost attendance at WCM events.
Assist executive leadership in researching and writing speeches, and oversee the development of presentations.
Develop and execute WCM’s organic and paid social media strategy, including overseeing the monthly content calendars.
Develop the organization’s annual communications calendar, including exploring opportunities to amplify the brand
Develop and execute marketing-communications plans for WCM’s programs and major events
Manage digital marketing and communications channels, including email marketing and website
Lead the marketing-communications strategy for the renaming and launch of the new brand.
Lead the development, roll out and launch of new corporate website
Work with and manage WCM’s PR agency to secure media coverage for WCM programs and events, including assessing and coordinating media opportunities, preparing key messages for spokespeople, writing news releases, media advisories, backgrounders, fact sheets and feature stories.
Collaborate with WCM’s graphic designers providing suggestions concerning graphics
Supervise and mentor marketing and communications coordinator and interns.
Required Skill / Experience
- Marketing or Communications degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Sprout Social or another social media publishing platform with an understanding of social media KPIs and how to measure and report on them
- Experience creating, implementing, tracking, analyzing and optimizing paid social advertising campaigns in Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Stay up to date with new social trends and test on WCM’s channels
- Experience with an email marketing platform, developing email marketing campaigns, and knowledge of email marketing KPIs including CTR, CTOR, List Growth rate, and open rate.
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience with WordPress
- Strong ability to handle multiple concurrent and time-sensitive priorities
- A passion for and literacy in equity, diversity and inclusion
- Effective project management skills
- Experience building strategic relationships and partnerships
- Excellent and demonstrable written and oral communication skills
- Solid understanding of public relations best practices
- Proficiency in using Canadian Press Style Guidelines
SKILLS CONSIDERED AN ASSET:
- Experience in pitching media
- Strong experience with GSuite software
- Diversity and inclusion knowledge gained through formal education, experience, or employment
- Bilingual - French/English
WHAT WE’LL LOVE
You are very attentive to detail. You’re creative and innovative, but also recognize the importance of brand continuity;
You consistently deliver high-quality work, and are receptive to feedback;
You’re highly organized, great at managing multiple projects simultaneously, and responsible;
You’re collaborative, have a “can-do” attitude and are willing to lend a hand to team members when needed.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US
Rewarding and meaningful work that positively impacts our society;
Great company culture;
Flexibility (work from home options and flexible schedule options);
We value time off (in addition to vacation, we offer additional days off throughout the year).