Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we’d like to hear from you.
MULTI-ASSET SOLUTIONS TEAM (MAST)
The Multi-Asset Solutions Team (MAST) is tasked with the design, delivery, and management of bespoke cross-asset class investment solutions within Manulife Investment Management. MAST capabilities range from asset allocation, advisory, outcome oriented and equity & fixed income beta solutions, including target date, target risk, liability-driven investing, outsourced chief-investment officer, income, index replication and systematic beta. The team will apply direct securities, proprietary and non-proprietary public and private markets strategies to construct solutions which are offered to retirement, retail, and institutional investors across the world. Located in Boston, Toronto, Montreal, London, Singapore and Hong Kong, MAST has over 60 investment professionals with a wide range of expertise.
The LDI team within MAST manages approximately $28 B of institutional assets out of MAST’s total assets under management of $118 B. The LDI strategy team is specifically responsible for developing custom benchmarks and solutions for clients and coordinating the implementation of LDI mandates.
Working as part of the MAST and reporting to the Head of LDI Strategy, the Director, LDI Strategy, is responsible for coordinating the implementation and management of MIM’s LDI mandates and to contribute to the growth of MIM’s LDI business.
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of new LDI strategies and products;
- Work closely with the LDI Portfolio Managers for implementation of strategies;
- Coordinate the implementation, management and monitoring of LDI mandates, including:
- Liability modeling and determination of customized liability benchmarks;
- Parameterization of mandates in quantitative tools;
- Tracking, monitoring and documentation of strategies;
- Ensure the quality and consistency of all LDI mandates;
- Perform ALM studies for clients and prospects;
- Provide actuarial, risk management and investment advice to support sales, client servicing and marketing of LDI mandates;
- Ensure the quality of presentations for clients and prospects;
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of tools;
- Apply financial and operational controls to mitigate risks and identify potential improvements;
- Work closely with investment analysts of the LDI strategist team and provide support/training.
Required Skill / Experience
REQUIREMENTS: (EDUCATION, DESIGNATION)
- Actuarial designation (FCIA, FSA, ASA, etc.) or graduate degree in a quantitative field;
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in institutional investment, risk management or pension consulting or related fields.
- Very strong actuarial and investment expertise;
- Very strong understanding of portfolio construction, ALM techniques, pension funding, performance attribution, and pricing techniques;
- Good knowledge of financial products and derivatives;
- Good computer programming skills with application tools such as Python, Matlab and/or VBA;
- Very strong knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Bilingualism (French and English) would be considered an asset
- Customer Focus
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Peer Relationships
- Presentation Skills
- Career Ambition
- Written Communications
What can we offer you?
- A competitive salary and benefits packages
- A growth trajectory that extends upward and outward, encouraging you to follow your passions and learn new skills
- A focus on growing your career path with us
- Flexible work policies and strong work-life balance
- Professional development and leadership opportunities
Our commitment to you
- Values-first culture
We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.
- Boundless opportunity
We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career.
- Continuous innovation
- Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
- Championing Corporate Citizenship
We build a business that benefits all stakeholders and has a positive social and environmental impact