At CMHC, the work you do and the work we do together matters. We come to work every day with a common purpose: to realize a future where everyone in Canada has a home that they can afford and meets their needs.
Join us and be part of a team that's committed to making a real difference and be part of something meaningful.
About the role
The Director, Investments Portfolio Management is responsible for all aspects of management with respect to their portfolios. The incumbent will make all portfolio decisions (identifying, selecting, investing, disinvesting and reinvesting the assets) within each of their portfolios in accordance with policies, parameters for investment and cash flow requirements.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the development and implementation of investment strategies for the various portfolios.
- Ensure investment management and operational staff conduct business within risk management guidelines, including reviewing trades prior to sign off and ensuring risk mitigation.
- Ensure there is a stable and robust operational environment to support management of investment portfolios including systems, staffing, operational processes, controls, succession management, etc.
- Oversee research on potential investments, monitor portfolio holdings, and track the performance of investment portfolios.
- Build and manage relationships with a variety of stakeholders such as asset managers, property managers, and other institutional investors.
- Key contributor to the development and implementation of investment, risk and governance policies.
- Support the Corporation in the development and implementation of the strategic asset allocation and contribute to the tactical decisions for the investment portfolios.
Required Skill / Experience
What you should have:
- An undergraduate degree in finance, business administration, commerce, economics or a related field.
- A Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) certification or other relevant education or designations such as: a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification, a Financial Modeling & Valuation Analyst (FMVA) certification, a Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) designation or a Financial Risk Manager (FRM) certification.
- A Minimum of 13 years of prior relevant experience in portfolio investment management or a combination of relevant education and experience can be considered.
- Five years of leadership experience managing direct reports.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of strategies and policies combined with creative analytical ability as well as the ability to model investing and risk management strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in the research and tracking of investments and a comprehensive awareness of the Corporation’s investment mandates and the regulatory environment.
- Highly developed negotiation skills as well as relationship-building skills.
- Bilinguism (English and French) combined with excellent written communication skills as well as the ability to present complex information to a variety of audiences.