Empire life is looking to hire a Director, Investment Research to join our Empire Life InvestmentsTeam!Why pursue this opportunity
- Play an integral role - this is an opportunity that allows for you to grow your skills, while directly contributing to the business unit you are a part of.
- The opportunity - collaborate with cross-functional teams and work on a variety of projects that will keep you engaged and continuously learning.
- Deliver excellence - provide a personal, accurate, professional, and courteous service and resolution to our customers.
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion - we are committed to creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and welcome candidates who share this commitment.
What you’ll be working on
● Represent Empire Life by maintaining a strong understanding of fund holdings, portfolio activity, performance analytics and positioning to ensure Corporate investment strategies are effectively communicated to the marketplace while proactively partnering with Distribution Partners and internal sales teams to ensure a high degree of engagement with our most significant customers
● Monitor significant events in the external landscape such as changes in market conditions, government regulations and develop a risk assessment plan while leading the Analytics team in conducting due diligence and monitoring activities of the Empire Life fund line-up to determine performance and make recommendations to the investment team
● Develop and deliver presentations, market data research, and competitive analysis;provide guidance and feedback to the investment team on presentations including content, positioning, tone and audience considerations
● Be accountable for reporting, ensuring quality and effectiveness to meet the ongoing needs of portfolio management while providing consultative input and insight into new product development and other strategic initiatives
● Build and maintain strong relationships with Executive management, sales leadership,sales teams and the investment team
● Ensure the Analytics team remains as the primary contact for investment team requests,such as information and speaking engagements; ensure resources, information and messaging are communicated in an efficient and effective manner
● Ensure relevant investment insights of the portfolio management team are delivered internally and externally in a timely manner via national conference calls, sales team meetings, videos, blogs and other media
● Partner with the marketing team to ensure the correct editorial approach is followed
● Act as a go-to resource and contact for projects impacting the investment team, ensuring the function is well represented
● Coach and mentor team members; identify employee training and development needs;participate in the hiring and employment processes for team members; set employee goals and objectives, manage employee performance
For regular full-time positions, Empire Life offers a comprehensive total rewards package that Includes:
● Competitive salaries with annual pay increases
● Annual bonus program, which recognizes both strong company performance and individual contributions
● Competitive uncapped commission for sales positions
● A comprehensive employer-funded benefits package that includes life insurance,disability, health and dental and a generous health account
● Flexible work arrangements and an annual allotment of personal health days.
● Four weeks annual vacation from hire date
● A defined contribution pension plan with generous employer matching
● Top up programs for parental leave and compassionate leave
● Employer-sponsored wellness and recognition programs
● A cash employee referral program
To learn more about working at Empire Life, visit https://www.empire.ca/workatem....
Required Skill / Experience
What we’re looking for you to have
● 10+ years of related work experience including as an Investment Analyst
● Experience effectively leading teams including demonstrated ability to coach and mentor; identify employee training and development needs; participate in the hiring and employment processes for team members; set employee goals and manage individual and team performance
● Demonstrated experience effectively engaging Investors
● Ability to translate research and data into sales ideas
● Strong working knowledge and understanding of the industry and competitors, investment management principles, bonds, equities, money market and currencies
● CFA designation required and completion of a university degree in a related field
● Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
● Well-developed ability to deliver presentations to a diverse audience with strong communication, negotiation, and persuasion skills
● Well developed ability to plan strategically and proven due diligence is essential
● If you are applying for a position which is open to applicants across Canada, unless otherwise indicated in the position, language proficiency in English is required for communicating with customers, advisors, or employees across Canada.