We’re one of Canada’s largest pension investment managers, with CAD$243.7 billion of net assets as at March 31, 2023.
We invest funds for the pension plans of the federal public service, the Canadian Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Reserve Force. Headquartered in Ottawa, PSP Investments has its principal business office in Montréal and offices in New York, London and Hong Kong.
Capturing and leading complex global investments requires us to work as one to seize valuable opportunities, in close collaboration with some of the world’s top companies. At PSP, you’ll join a team of motivated and engaged professionals, dedicated to propelling our organization further than ever before.
EXPERIENCE THE EDGE
At PSP, we encourage our employees to grow, forge powerful relationships, contribute and fuel inspired investment launchpads. We are committed to a culture that fosters collaboration and allows us to think beyond, in an interconnected way. We advocate for our employees to speak-up, learn, experiment, share, and be part of an inclusive work environment where diversity is embraced.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Infrastructure asset class was introduced at PSP Investments in April 2006, with an investment strategy focused on a long-term investment horizon (greater than 10 years) while seeking adequate liquidity and a viable exit strategy. As at March 2023, net Infrastructure assets under management stood at CAD$29.4bn, with 10.5% 5-year annualized portfolio returns per fiscal year. The target size of investments ranges from $300m to $1.5bn primarily through direct investments in private companies and assets. With over 30 direct investments across the globe, PSP Infrastructure invests 37.6% in Europe, 28.6% in North America, 23% in Asia & Oceania, 10.8% in Central, South America and other.
The infrastructure team invests across multiple investment strategies:
- platforms in airports, roads, renewables and data centers
- direct investments ranging from minority to majority positions alongside strategic/financial partners
- strategic GP fund relationships
Targeted infrastructure sectors include:
- Power: primarily hydro, wind, and solar
- Regulated utilities: electric, gas, and water
- Transportation: toll roads, rail leasing, airports and ports
- Data infrastructure: telecommunication towers, fiber networks, data centers and land registries
Size of team:
The team currently consists of approximately 40 investment professionals across investment offices in Montreal and London.
ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As a Director, Infrastructure Investments you’ll:
The role will be primarily focused on North America, but with regular involvement in our global portfolio and will entail extensive involvement with the investment process throughout the life cycle of the asset.
This will include:
- Sourcing and origination of infrastructure opportunities
- Leading the execution of investment opportunities, collaborating closely with senior members of the team and managing junior members of staff across multiple workstreams, including due diligence, negotiations and presenting to internal committees
- Managing portfolio investments, executing value creation plans and disposition of portfolio investments as required (may involve taking board seats and exercising governance rights at the investment level
- Manage relationships with key internal (risk, tax, legal, HR) and external stakeholders
- Actively contribute to team management and team development of junior team members
We offer a tailored employee experience and competitive total rewards and benefits package* designed to attract and retain global diverse talent, reward performance, and reinforce business strategies and priorities. Beyond salary and incentive pay eligibility, you have access to:
- Investment in career development
- Comprehensive group insurance plans
- Unlimited access to virtual healthcare services and wellness programs
- Competitive pension plans
- Vacation days available on day one with additional days on milestone service anniversaries, and summer Friday afternoons off
- Inclusive paid parental leave policy: up to 26 weeks for primary caregivers, 5 weeks for secondary caregivers
- A flexible hybrid work model with a mix of in-office and remote days based on business groups, teams, and roles
- A hybrid allowance to support any hybrid related needs
*Benefits package may vary based on your employee type.
At PSP, we aim to provide an inclusive workplace where we leverage diversity and where everyone feels valued, safe, respected and empowered to grow. As part of this leadership commitment, we strongly encourage applications from all qualified applicants and strive to offer an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. If you require any accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please let us know.
Required Skill / Experience
- A well-rounded investor, with a minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience within infrastructure investing and/or related investment banking/corporate finance
- Execution skills across investment analysis, structuring and negotiating financing, due diligence (commercial, financial, strategic, operational, legal)
- Ability to create value through financial, commercial and operational excellence as well as track record assisting exit activities
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. Master’s degree in a relevant field, an asset
- CA, MBA, CFA, CBV is an asset
- Intellectual curiosity and strong investment judgement and analytical skills
- Highly collegial and collaborative and comfortable with shared decision-making processes
- Strong written and verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Bilingualism: English and French (frequent interactions in English with PSP employees based in our offices in Hong Kong, London and New York, and interactions in French with employees in our local offices in Montreal and Ottawa)