We are a leading financial services provider committed to making decisions easier and lives better for our customers and colleagues around the world. From our environmental initiatives to our community investments, we lead with values throughout our business. To help us stand out, we help you step up, because when colleagues are healthy, respected and meaningfully challenged, we all thrive. Discover how you can grow your career, make impact and drive real change with our Winning Team today.
** This role is open to those in Ontario, Quebec, Vancouver**
We are looking for customer service oriented people with insurance knowledge to join our Winning Team!
Our Canadian Insurance National Desk team actively listen to our client's needs and find tailor-made solutions for them while being mindful of minimizing costs and respecting all relevant standards and legislations. They also lead business relationships, liaise among various stakeholders, and tackle daily tasks in a professional, timely and efficient manner. Their commitment to providing a great customer experience is contributing to our continued success. You share our customer satisfaction objective. You have a strong interest to learn about financial products as well as group savings and insurance products to better serve our many stakeholders. You patiently and clearly provide information in a professional manner. You are always ready to lend a helping hand. You make everyone on the phone and around you important. With this positive attitude you have a bright future with us.
Your contribution: Provide an amazing customer experience on incoming calls, which builds lasting client relations, become an expert on our products, services, systems with our in-house training, serve as a liaison between customers and other teams to ensure responsiveness and quality customer service, participate in various process improvement activities and departmental/divisional initiatives, strive in an environment with set timelines (shift work, breaks, lengths of calls, etc.) and constructive feedback.
- Accurately and thoroughly handle increasingly complex client service requests at initial point of contact.
- Provide accurate and complete information and insight on insurance products the client may have.
- Effectively use multiple administrative systems to resolve inquiries, within the defined service standards.
- Assist customers with the completion of appropriate forms and other policy requirements.
- Respond to customer inquiries on insurance and investment policies.
- Take a proactive role in identifying and reporting areas of continuing client concern (trends) and make recommendations to help develop and implement strategies to resolve the issues in order to improve the service experience.
- Recommend client centered resolutions to issues and identify and initiate exceptions within guidelines Identify opportunities and make recommendations to improve operational processes and practices.
- Responsible for contributing to a strong collaborative team and building customer working relationships while providing excellent customer service.
- Keep current with company policies, procedures, and processes.
- Meet expectations relative to Productivity (AHT, Aux Usage, Reliability, Adherence, CX Contribution, etc.), Accuracy (QA, Compliance, etc.) and Service Excellence (tNPS).
- Process transactions on behalf of clients if/when required.
- Confidently dealing with unclear/unfamiliar expectations from clients
- Managing time effectively within a high volume and fast paced work environment.
- Dealing with multiple cases simultaneously in a timely manner.
- Maintaining procedural expertise, broad knowledge and keeping current with our systems and products in our rapidly changing environment.
- Able to deal with differing opinions and personalities in a professional manner.
What motivates you?
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage, and act for their benefit.
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile approach and enable business outcomes.
- You thrive in teams and enjoy getting things done together.
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters.
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up.
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone.
What can we offer you?
- A competitive salary and benefits packages.
- A growth trajectory that extends upward and outward, encouraging you to follow your passions and learn new skills.
- A focus on growing your career path with us.
- Flexible work policies and strong work-life balance.
- Professional development and leadership opportunities.
- In this position you will work in a Hybrid role (Currently working Tuesday and Wednesday in the office; Monday, Thursday, and Friday at home).
- An ethernet cable from your modem to your computer is required for the job. A private, secure workspace at home that is free of distractions and protects our customers privacy.
- You may be required to work on a rotating work schedule a week at a time to accommodate customer calls from other time zones will be required (rotating start times between the hours of operation 8:00am - 8:00pm EST Monday - Friday). The Customer Service client base is Canada-wide. Flexibility is needed as client demand changes.
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
Required Skill / Experience
What we are looking for
- Customer service focus and skills
- Life insurance license an asset
- Work experience in contact center is necessary.
- Ability to build positive relationships between customer/company
- Commitment to achieving high levels of service excellence
- Ability to work independently or with minimal direction, within a team
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written) in English and/or French
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Assuming responsibility and taking ownership until resolution
- Knowledge of our business policies, procedures, and concepts
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize and multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Post-secondary education with industry certification is preferred or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams and peers