Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we’d like to hear from you.
*This is a hybrid role based out of our Montreal office*
The Client Reporting Analyst understands the importance of being customer focused, builds and maintains strong controls, strong relationships with stakeholders, and collaborates with other teams to deliver results. The Client Reporting Analyst must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively, complete tasks and analyses independently, attention to detail, an exceptional work ethic, and positive attitude.
Client Service Operations takes ownership of identifying and mitigating risks within assigned areas of responsibility and support the build out of systems access controls within Operations. In addition, he/she is required to take an active role in reviewing controls which lead to identifying and mitigating risks within the Client Service Operations division. Other responsibilities include contributing to ongoing procedural and technological business transformation efforts.
- Coordinate and verify the information required for the preparation of client reports, management reports, audit requests, other financial reports.
- Prepare, validate, and deliver reports in a timely manner.
- Prioritize and manage multiple reporting deadlines, maintain checklists.
- Perform reasonability analyses and explain variances.
- Prepare statistical data for management use.
- Assist in client and fund initiatives, as needed (fund opening/closing, rebalancing, large withdrawals, etc.)
- Participate/take the lead on various client servicing tasks, liaison with internal and external business partners.
- Document and keep existing documentation up to date for the procedures and processes under responsibility.
- Identify and propose process improvements.
- Identify and report weaknesses, and apply financial and operational controls to mitigate risks. Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies.
- Organize and file records as per departmental policy, manage shared mailboxes and archive directories.
- Participate in testing investment systems upgrades and releases as well as process changes, as required.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge, in particular on investment related business.
- Participate in projects, as required.
- Back up and cross-train with team members, as required.
What motivates you?
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit.
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile approach and enable business outcomes.
- You thrive in teams and enjoy getting things done together.
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters.
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up.
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone.
Required Skill / Experience
What we are looking for
- University degree in accounting or finance.
- Canadian Securities Course, an asset.
- 2+ years of client servicing experience.
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
- Experience working with derivatives products, futures, repos, an asset.
- Strong numerate accuracy and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail, good organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and also collaboratively as great teammate.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in information systems and in particular of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word).
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), an asset.
- Understanding of various investments instruments such as bonds, stocks, short terms, derivatives etc., an asset.
- Understanding of the financial services industry, in particular investment funds.