We are a leading financial services provider committed to making decisions easier and lives better for our customers and colleagues around the world. From our environmental initiatives to our community investments, we lead with values throughout our business. To help us stand out, we help you step up, because when colleagues are healthy, respected and meaningfully challenged, we all thrive. Discover how you can grow your career, make impact and drive real change with our Winning Team today.
This is an opportunity to join the Canada Retirement team at Manulife. The CRE is a key field office relationship management role supporting the overall client experience and retention of our largest corporate clients at their place of business. The CRE is accountable to support the sales team by participating in formal and informal presentations promoting our capabilities and services to both new and existing clients.
Reporting to the National Vice President, Client Management, this position will interact with plan sponsors and plan consultants/advisors explaining our products, tools and services. The incumbent is also responsible for plan changes working with other teams to facilitate amendments, fund changes, fee negotiations and education needs for the management of an existing block of business through post-sale service satisfaction, resulting in high client retention for Canada Retirement.
Manulife Canada Retirement division is a leading provider of group retirement savings plans for businesses across Canada. Our plans include Registered Retirement Savings, Defined Contribution, Registered Pension, Deferred Profit Sharing, and Employee Share Ownership programs.
This position requires occasional travel.
- Understand the client’s business needs and build strong client relationships through effective and proactive service along with efficient and accurate handling of reactive requests
- Participation as a supporting member of the pre-sale process for Pension products and services.
- Participation in the installation process by working closely with Plan Sponsors, Consultants/Advisors and Head Office Implementation Team
- Participate in projects as the need arises.
- Conduct Plan Administrator training
- Provide service according to the Canada Retirement published service model
- Provide on-going service improvement recommendations
- Support the Plan Sponsor with fulfilling Plan Governance guidelines
- Participate in pension committee and investment review meetings
- Proactively search and work to increase assets and cultivate client relationships
- Provide support and information to the Financial Education team and/or National Education Consultant team for ongoing education needs
Required Skill / Experience
- Experience in the Canadian pension industry
- Undergraduate degree preferred (business, economics or finance preferred)
- Knowledge of group retirement and non-registered savings plans
- Understanding of pension and investment regulations and legislation
- Strong mathematical proficiency is preferred
- CEBS - RPA Designation would be an asset
- Bilingual (English and French both spoken and written)
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to set priorities, meet goals, work independently, successful in a team-focused work environment.
- Proven problem-solving and analytical skills
- Outstanding written & verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding presentation skill in a group setting
What motivates you?
- Obsessing about customers, listening, engaging and act for their benefit.
- Thinking big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile approach and enable business outcomes.
- You thrive in teams and enjoy getting things done together.
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters.
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up.
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone.
Our commitment to you
- Values-first culture
- We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.
- Boundless opportunity
- We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career!
- Continuous innovation
- We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services.
- Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
- Championing Corporate Citizenship
- We build a business that benefits all stakeholders and has a positive social and environmental impact.