We are a leading financial services provider committed to making decisions easier and lives better for our customers and colleagues around the world. From our environmental initiatives to our community investments, we lead with values throughout our business. To help us stand out, we help you step up, because when colleagues are healthy, respected and meaningfully challenged, we all thrive. Discover how you can grow your career, make impact and drive real change with our Winning Team today.
We are renowned for putting the best people in front of Canada’s best advisors, every day. Join our growing team of Business Development Managers!
As a Business Development Manager (BDM), you will be responsible for promoting a full range of Wealth Management solutions to Advisors and industry-leading access to Portfolio Managers and Strategists, providing proactive sales and business building ideas. With a proven understanding of the Advisors’ business, you will be at the forefront of aligning their needs with our innovative technology, product and service solutions. Working with an External Wholesaler and Territory Coordinator, you will be accountable for sales growth and relationship management within a defined region.
Your exceptional knowledge of wealth products, such as Mutual Funds, Segregated Funds, ETFs and Separately Managed Accounts, will be beneficial as you grow your career at Manulife.
Positions available for future opportunities, role is hybrid with 3 days in the office.
Who we are looking for:
- Proven ability to persuade and negotiate through consultation and active listening skills
- Effective presentation skills and delivery to engage with different audiences
- Ability to prioritize and time management skills to schedule time to work on the business, as well as in the business
- Proven sales competence, business development and prospecting aptitude
- Execution of a repeatable and measurable sales process
- Interest in technological advancements as a way to improve efficiencies and effectiveness
- Knowledgeable on the current industry landscape and competitors with an ability to be innovative in sales strategies, marketing concepts and product applications
- Willingness to become an expert in Wealth Management solutions and strategies through leadership and a strong sense of self awareness
Our BDM's have a strong desire to succeed and they are:
- Positive and energetic
- Team player
- Adaptable to change
- Results oriented
Where can this role take you?
Sales opportunities at Manulife cover a wide range of geographies, demographics and products. This opportunity offers a long term professional career path with a focus on business development within an established and defined training program into becoming an External Wholesaler. Roles in our Banking, Insurance, Marketing, Product Management and Asset Management areas are also open to you. Along with monthly sales incentives and annual bonuses, and our robust onboarding process, we offer continuing educational support with a comprehensive benefits program.
What can we offer you?
- A competitive salary and benefits packages.
- A growth trajectory that extends upward and outward, encouraging you to follow your passions and learn new skills.
- A focus on growing your career path with us.
- Flexible work policies and strong work-life balance.
- Professional development and leadership opportunities.
Our commitment to you
- Values-first culture
- We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.
- Boundless opportunity!
- We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career.
- Continuous innovation
- We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services
- Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
- Championing Corporate Citizenship
We build a business that benefits all stakeholders and has a positive social and environmental impact.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/John Hancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment.
A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process.
All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact [email protected].
Required Skill / Experience
- College or University degree in a related field is required
- Prior sales experience in the financial services industry, ideally with familiarity in advisor practice management
- Knowledge of Wealth Management products (mutual funds, ETFs, segregated funds) and an understanding of global financial markets
- Successful completion of industry related courses such as CSC, IFIC, CFP (or working towards completion of industry related courses) is preferred