At Meridian, our aspiration is to integrate our purpose into everything we do for people, the planet, and communities. We believe that our greatest opportunity is to create opportunity and meet people where they are.
Find our story here: About Meridian Our Wealth practice:
Our Wealth practice:
At Meridian Wealth, we believe that investing is personal and our mission is to help our Members on their financial journey regardless of where they are on this journey. We are a group of passionate wealth professionals that are approachable, empathetic and don’t take ourselves too seriously.
As the Meridian for Good Strategy is brought to life, we are looking for an experienced Wealth professional to lead our Wealth Distribution team which consists of Financial Planners and Private Wealth Advisors, as our AVP, Wealth Distribution.
As our AVP, Wealth Distribution:
You must have a passion for people and have a strong ability to drive growth through the development of high performing Advisor teams. You are a collaborator and are able to build strong partnerships and relationships to solicit feedback from key stakeholders while making decisions quickly. Ideally, you have a passion for ESG/Responsible investing and your passion inspires your team in this direction.
You will report to the SVP Wealth & Financial Planning. You will be accountable for the achievement of Wealth’s growth and key business objectives through the execution of enterprise and wealth strategic initiatives centered around: Financial Planning and advice delivery, Practice Management, ESG/Responsible Investing, Share of Wallet and New investor growth and experienced advisor recruitment.
You are also a structured, disciplined, and inclusive Coach with high EQ and are highly focused on the employee experience. You are visible and build rapport with the field. You will manage five seasoned Regional Vice Presidents. You will learn from the past and are forward-looking and will look for new ways to problem solve with a lens to improving the business,your team and key partnerships.
You inspire your direct reports, your partners and the broader Advisory team and are equally good at following through and holding people accountable. You do not shy away from the tough conversations and approach them openly and transparently. You communicate effectively with your peers, front-line and executive teams and can tailor your messages to address the needs of your audience. You develop your people and have strong development plans in place for them.
You will also work closely and collaboratively with the AVP Product & Practice Management and AVP Strategy & Transformation and their teams and must be able to develop strong partnerships across the organization, with focus on Retail & Business Banking and with our dealer Aviso Wealth. Partnership and collaboration will be critical to success in this role.
What you'll do
- Coach and mentor Wealth Regional Vice Presidents to execute upon strategic priorities and growth/revenue targets using a focused process to clearly, communicate expectations and monitor, report on and progress towards target outcomes.
- Build trust and credibility with front-line teams building/overseeing robust programs to support engagement.
- Develop strong partnerships with your peers, key business partners including Retail, Business Banking and OneCap by garnering a clear understanding of their teams, markets and priorities, as well as partnerships with our key dealer (Aviso Wealth) and asset manager (NEI) contacts.
- Foster and build relationships with support teams within the organization including: HR, Marketing, Communications, Digital, Legal to help with ongoing execution and evolution of distribution-related focuses.
- Work with colleagues and partners to annually assess Advisor compensation program against strategy, business plan and market competitiveness.
- Lead business development opportunities through sponsorships, partnerships, local community marketing and affinity marketing.
- Be a passionate advocate for Wealth and build internal and external awareness.
- Identify opportunities to provide ongoing development for the Advisory team and RVPs.
- Offer input and collaborate with Wealth Senior Leadership team on key strategies, balancing the need of the enterprise, the Wealth business, our Members and front-line teams.
- Lead monthly sales leadership meetings including the annual Wealth Advisor offsite, and actively contribute in wealth and cross- line of business forums.
- Ensure partner alignment across the Delivery channels, through the collaboration of subject matter experts from the various lines of businesses.
- Effectively collaborate across the organization to get things done.
Required Skill / Experience
- 10+ years of Wealth experience, with experience leading a Wealth Advisory sales team
- ESG/Responsible Investing knowledge and experience.
- Superior and proven focused, sales management experience in leading high performance advisory teams ranging in experience, tenure and accreditation.
- Highly collaborative with the ability to engage others to make decisions quickly.
- Strategic thinker, forward looking.
- Ability to create strong implementation plans with partners and directs and strong follow through/ execution.
- Ability to work with a very fast paced environment with multiple, changing priorities and successfully navigate and drive change.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Strong impact and influencing capabilities with a collaborative style.
- Business savvy and industry awareness.
- Ability to regularly travel throughout the province.