At Franklin Templeton, everything we do is focused on one thing – delivering better client outcomes. We do that by partnering closely with our clients, assessing their strategic needs, and identifying the solution or solutions that can meet the challenge. Over 9,500 employees working in 30 countries around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 155 countries. For more than 75 years our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What is the Assistant Vice President, Retail Sales responsible for?
The Assistant Vice President, Retail Sales works as part of a sales team to achieve a specific sales target with coverage of 300 advisory relationships specific firms in Vancouver and the surrounding B.C. area. To be successful in the role, the incumbent is an experienced financial services sales or business development professional, with strong partnership and business relationship skills.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of an Assistant Vice President, Retail Sales?
- Working with a Vice President, Senior Wholesaler to develop a thorough understanding of investment, business development and service needs of approximately 300 selected Investment Advisors by maintaining high level of contact with them with one-on-one meetings (face to face and virtual), branch meetings/presentations, and, to a lesser extent, via telephone, mail, email, and conference calls.
- Assist in identifying all opportunities to sell and promote Franklin Templeton Investment products at the broker/dealer firm level within a sales territory and communicate those opportunities to the Vice President, Senior Wholesaler responsible for British Columbia.
- Coordinate with other team members (Inside Sales Manager, Sales Coordinator) within the defined sales territory to ensure that all Investment Advisors in the territory are receiving appropriate coverage through execution of the Territory Plan, regular team meetings to review progress and review of the Advisor database.
Required Skill / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA and/or CIMA, CFA preferred.
- Strong investment acumen and understanding of Financial Markets
- Canadian Securities Course or other industry designations (CFP, CLU, FCSI, CIM, CFA) would be an asset.
- 6 to 8 years related work experience in a sales environment preferred.
- Experienced 3+ years annual sales cycles or 5+ years of financial services industry experience in a sales or business development capacity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in Mandarin would be an asset
- Self-driven with ability to build and manage key internal and external relationships.
- Knowledge of relevant tools including Morningstar and Bloomberg.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products – PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Solid understanding of the financial markets, investment process, and securities industry.
- Good understanding of technology from social media, spreadsheets, CRMs to the use of video conferencing technology.
Note: The role is based in Vancouver to cover the B.C. territory.