ATB Capital Markets is a wholly owned subsidiary of ATB Financial, an Alberta-based institution with offices in Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton and Denver. Together, we represent a highly specialized team of experts who provide a full suite of financial service solutions including:
- Advice on mergers and acquisitions (M&A), divestitures and private equity
- Equity capital markets, debt capital markets and financial markets
- Corporate banking, loan syndications and project finance
- Institutional sales and trading
- Institutional research to leverage industry and sector insight
This position will be based out of Calgary, Alberta. (Relocation reimbursement or assistance will not be provided.)
Job Number: REQ6292
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Onsite: You’ll work primarily from an ATB branch, corporate office or client location
Apply by: June 26, 2023
# Positions available: 4
Leader Name: Max Herrera
The ATB Capital Markets Women’s Rotational Program is a 24 month program designed for recent graduates (undergraduate or graduate) or those interested in a career change into the capital markets environment. The program will provide hands-on, real life experience within ATB Capital Markets, providing a strong foundation of skills, knowledge and experience for long term career development in a stimulating and challenging environment.
Participants will rotate, in 6-month increments, through four areas of the Capital Markets group:
- Corporate Banking: Corporate Bankers work with clients to provide credit-based solutions. They understand their clients and their needs, and provide solutions while developing long term relationships.
- Investment Banking: Investment Bankers provide advice pertaining to financing activities to our corporate clients, including: underwriting (finding buyers or investors), the issuance of equities (stocks) or debt instruments (bonds), as well as advice pertaining to mergers and acquisitions. Investment bankers serve as advisors to their clients in relation to the capital markets.
- Financial Markets Group: works with clients to manage risk by delivering flexible, easy to access, comprehensive risk management solutions across asset classes: foreign exchange, energy commodities, interest rates.
- A rotation in our Corporate Development Office, Debt Capital Markets group, or Equity Research (or a fourth option tailored to the candidate's interest).
ATB Capital Markets provides coverage across a number of sectors, including Energy, Life Sciences, Growth/Innovation, Renewables and Diversified industries.
In addition to the rotation, each successful candidate will commit to educational requirements allowing for long term career growth.
Understanding that this is an intensive program, each candidate will have access to a supportive network that includes internal and external mentorship and network building opportunities.
Required Skill / Experience
Does this sound like you?
- A university level undergraduate with genuine interest in the Capital Markets function OR an interest in a shift in career path
- One, or a combination of, an MBA, CFA, CA and/or CPA designations will be considered an asset
- A demonstrable interest in and knowledge of financial markets
- Proven technical and quantitative skills focused on financial analysis (i.e. statistical, mathematical, modeling knowledge, accounting)
- Knowledge of Bloomberg, S&P Capital IQ and Factset is an asset
- Ability to thrive in and adapt to a demanding, constantly changing work environment
- Track record of diversity in academic, extracurricular, or career activities
- Independent thinker and problem solver who has the capacity and desire to contribute to a team environment
- Proficient excel, powerpoint skills
- Able to commence full time position in September 2023
At ATB, we know that as you develop in your career, you gain many transferable skills. If you believe your experience and qualities are what we are looking for, please consider applying!