TD Securities (TDS) is one of the world’s leading wholesale banks with operations spread across 15 offices globally. It provides a full suite of products and services to corporate and institutional clients through Global Markets (GM), Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB), and Global Transaction Banking (GTB) that collaborate to provide high quality integrated financial solutions.
The Investor Relations ("IR") and Enterprise Decision Support ("EDS") team is responsible for managing relationships with investors, analysts, and rating agencies, and leading the Bank's Enterprise-wide performance management processes and Financial Planning programs. EDS provides proactive thought leadership in the development of financial targets, continuous monitoring and reporting of the Bank's financial performance, as well as critical insights for consumption of the CFO, Senior Executive Team, and Board of Directors. Together with IR, this team works closely with business and functional leaders across the Bank and engages with a diverse set of stakeholders including Line of Business Strategy, Risk Management, TBSM, Enterprise Strategy and Corporate Development, and Finance.
This position reports to the VP Finance, EDS and supports the group across a number of diverse responsibilities including:
- Analyze and report monthly and quarterly bank wide financial results including detailed P&L analysis and total bank MD&A
- Prepare comprehensive analysis supporting the quarterly financial results, including the annotated supplemental package, and various deliverables to support the CFO preparation for earnings release and analyst meetings
- Proactive financial thought leadership and critical insight to the CFO and the Senior Executive Team in the development of financial targets
- Provide analytics on an enterprise basis to ensure consistent understanding and definition of key measures
- Compare the overall Bank and segment level performance versus peers for consumption of the Senior Executive Team and Board, including as part of the executive compensation process and analysis performed by Human Resources and submitted to HRC
- Provide analysis to Senior Executives including dividend recommendations, cost optimization strategies/policies
- In addition, this role will support various ad-hoc analytics and decision support activity for consumption of the Senior Executive Team and Board, including (but not limited to), strategy execution measurement, peer relative performance, and compensation
Required Skill / Experience
Demonstrated business acumen, including ability to identify key issues and use research and analysis skills to extract key messages from data. Must have a high degree of numeracy and be comfortable with strategic and financial analysis
Strong leadership skills - with demonstrated ability to impact and influence. The ability to build positive relationships with individuals at all levels across the Bank and external parties
Teamwork/Relationship Management - with the ability to work effectively in teams as this role interfaces with a broad range of stakeholders.
Manage change – with the ability to succeed in an environment where there may be significant ambiguity and constantly changing circumstances.
Organizational awareness – a sound understanding of TDBG to understand contacts across business lines to engage to identify solutions and resolve issues.
Strong financial acumen with exceptional research and analytical skills – ability to absorb information on a variety of often complex issues (financial and non-financial) and provide insights on key issues.
Self-starter and ability to work independently
Ability to prioritize tasks and determine what is important and where value can be best added.
Willingness to learn— embrace the opportunity to develop leadership skills in a fast-paced environment.
Strong written communication and presentation skills, and demonstrated ability to create clear and effective communication materials for highly complex issues and topics
Integrity— ability to recognize and responsibly manage significant access to sensitive information about the Bank, strategy, and financial results.
Good judgment— ability to determine which issues to escalate, what to resolve independently, and provide suggestions for possible resolution
Demonstrated knowledge of key Finance issues (e.g., accounting, treasury, tax, capital) a plus
Superior communication skills – be a confident, transparent and concise communicator (verbal and written)
MBA, CFA or CA would be an asset