At IMCO, our talent is among the best! IMCO offers a uniquely stimulating and rewarding environment where you can help build and drive organizational transformation, all while seeking to challenge yourself, learn, and grow your career.
We offer a culture of collaboration and passion, creating unwavering value for the clients we serve. Our vision is to be the partner of choice for Ontario’s public sector funds and build a high-performing, value-based Asset Management firm in the heart of downtown Toronto.
If you are ready to drive best-in-class service, and join a collaborative, motivated, and fun team of professionals, we’re ready to offer you a great place to work with exciting opportunities for growth and development.
If you want to use your expertise to drive strategic business outcomes, then we want you at IMCO!
IMCO is looking for a highly motivated Associate, Private Equity to join our team!
The Associate, Private Equity will be responsible for supporting the management of IMCO’s Private Equity investment portfolio. You will act as an active participant in the direct co-investment and fund selection process by performing screening, research, portfolio reporting and analysis in collaboration with the team.
As a Member of Our Team, You Will be Responsible For:
- Conducting research and analysis on a broad range of topics to support investment decision-making across the Private Equity asset class
- Participating in the sourcing, analysis and evaluation of investment opportunities aligned to corporate strategy
- Applying sound investment and Private Equity specific knowledge and experience to build and analyze complex financial models to improve the portfolio’s risk-return profile
- Participating in the due diligence process and delivering investment presentations in collaboration with the Private Equity team
- Overseeing and delivering periodic analysis for investment and portfolio management, and to satisfy board and client reporting requirements
- Monitoring the investment lifecycle, including reviewing the monitoring and valuation work of the Analyst team
- Contributing to and supporting the ongoing development and enhancement of departmental processes and applications; including report creation, systems review and implementations
- Maintaining and enhancing existing working relationships with key internal and external business stakeholders
- Championing enhanced ESG reporting to encourage ESG-related disclosure
- Engaging in functional-based training and development activities within the investments team, as well as actively participating in the development of the Analyst team through informal/formal based training
What IMCO Can Offer You:
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, to deliver an unparalleled employee experience and to work as one team to continuously improve the management of broader public-sector investment funds. In addition to offering a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package, we pride ourselves on helping you reach your potential, making a difference in our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Required Skill / Experience
- CFA/CPA designation (or working towards the designation) is considered an asset
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in private markets investing and/or investment banking, preferably in Private Equity
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to explain complex issues in a clear and compelling manner and present information effectively to stakeholder groups
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with an ability to build relationships with colleagues at all levels and cultivate key partnerships to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, financial modeling, problem-solving and researching skills with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to consistently deliver quality outputs in a fast-paced environment, ability to work within tight deadlines, handle multiple projects and ad-hoc requests simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive and take initiative to understand, support and implement goals and objectives
- Commitment to developing team members, as well as proven ability to train and mentor staff
- Maintain up-to-date industry knowledge on an ongoing basis