At IMCO, our talent is among the best! IMCO offers a uniquely stimulating and rewarding environment where you can help build and drive organizational transformation, all while seeking to challenge yourself, learn, and grow your career.
We offer a culture of collaboration and passion, creating unwavering value for the clients we serve. Our vision is to be the partner of choice for Ontario’s public sector funds and build a high-performing, value-based Asset Management firm in the heart of downtown Toronto.
If you are ready to drive best-in-class service, and join a collaborative, motivated, and fun team of professionals, we’re ready to offer you a great place to work with exciting opportunities for growth and development.
If you want to use your expertise to drive strategic business outcomes, then we want you at IMCO!
IMCO approaches credit investing differently. While traditional investors operate in siloed segments scattered across asset classes, we take a holistic approach to portfolio construction, allocating capital across the entire public and private global credit spectrum—corporate, structured, real assets and emerging markets. The result is a highly diversified portfolio that provides clients with a single allocation to credit, offering both a total return and the best relative value returns between public and private credit.
Our collaborative culture and value-add approach to strategic partnerships makes us a preferred partner to some of the largest investors in the world. We have a targeted strategy to grow our highly diversified Global Credit portfolio to $8 billion or more by 2025 and are looking for a highly motivated Associate Portfolio Manager to join our Global Credit, External Funds team!
The Associate Portfolio Manager will assist in sourcing, structuring, and managing IMCO’s investments in external Global Credit Funds, with an emphasis on private credit. The role will involve due diligence of potential fund commitments and monitoring and analysis of the portfolio existing investments.
As a Member of Our Global Credit Team, You Will:
- Provide analytical support to the Portfolio Manager in managing the portfolio on a day-to-day basis and on any ad-hoc projects.
- Screen and conduct due diligence on new private credit fund investments and contribute to drafting investment memos and recommendations.
- Maintain a strong understanding of external fund manager’s portfolios and identify opportunities for collaboration on direct investments.
- Conduct ongoing monitoring and analysis of the portfolio’s public and private credit funds, and their underlying investments, to understand drivers of performance and ensure investments are managed in accordance with their mandates to meet expected risk and return targets.
- Maintain a good understanding of credit markets and the private credit landscape to stay current on recent developments and opportunities.
- Collaborate with internal teams (legal, performance & risk, valuations, compliance) and external parties (third party consultants, legal) for the purpose of fund execution and ongoing portfolio monitoring.
- Proactively collaborate with broader IMCO teams to advance IMCO’s corporate objectives (i.e., client reporting initiatives lead by Client Service team).
- Collaborate and provide constructive feedback for the development of junior team members.
What do you need to succeed?
- Minimum 5 years of experience in private market investing/fund management and/or asset management with significant experience in private credit and managing and monitoring external managers.
- Strong understanding of global fixed income markets, with an emphasis on corporate credit
- Undergraduate degree required. CFA designation, MBA or Master’s degree(s) are considered an asset.
- Ability to present complex investment concepts in a clear and concise manner to senior management.
- Intellectually curious with ability to pursue and unwrap complexities and a good problem solver.
- Self-starter who can engage and motivate other people around key ideas, effectively listen and provide constructive feedback to others, participate in discussion and brainstorming.
- Appreciation of working in a diverse team environment that values collaboration and team spirit; enthusiastic support for a diverse workplace essential.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, excellent ability to participate in effective conversation and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external partners
- Capacity to develop and expand the breadth of market knowledge and technical skills of self and team.
- Willingness and ability to apply judgment, learn from experience, and add value to every step of the investment process.
What IMCO Can Offer You:
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, to deliver an unparalleled employee experience and to work as one team to continuously improve the management of broader public-sector investment funds. In addition to offering a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package, we pride ourselves on helping you reach your potential, making a difference in our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our hybrid work model offers flexibility and provides our employees with the opportunity to lead a well-balanced life. Our Corporation’s offices located at 16 York Street, Suite 2400, Toronto, ON M5J 0E6 provide a welcoming space for employees to gather, work collaboratively, and grow together.
IMCO is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities in its recruitment process. Please advise IMCO if you require an accommodation and we will work with you to meet your needs. Candidates being considered for this position will be required to submit to a background screening.